This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
With the weather warming up and the sun shining much more, it’s time to some out of hibernation mode and spend some time with friends and family. Alexia products make it so easy to come up with fantastic recipes for any event.
From Onion Rings, to Sweet Potato Fries Alexia has everything covered. At Walmart, I happened upon the new Alexia Rosemary Fries and decided those would be a likely centerpiece food item for a girls day garden party we were having. Besides manicures and pedicures to get in the flip flop mode, we were focused on food and friendship as well.
The food was the easy part, because Alexia has something for everyone. Alexia products are high quality and incredibly versatile. They are made with all natural ingredients! Score! We stocked up on Alexia Onion Rings and made a sauce to go with them, and then Alexia Spicy Sweet Potato Fries topped with a Spicy Sriracha Mayo was served. But the piece de resistance, was the all new Rosemary Fries. Once we got them home, it was time to whip up a batch of Creamy Garlic Sauce and chop some tomatoes and avocados for the top. They were a HUGE hit.
For decorations, since it was a garden party, and of course in honor of those delicious Alexia Rosemary Fries, we decorated with little pots of herbs, soft pastel colors and lots and lots of white and glass.
The Alexia products are so pretty, that they almost become part of the decorations. But girls need dessert, so we also provided tons of colorful candy and of course… cupcakes!
I was so excited when everyone was raving about my Creamy Garlic, Avocado and Tomato Rosemary Fries. They said the fries were the best they’d had, and I suspect that’s because those Rosemary Fries from Alexia are amazing! I couldn’t stop eating them as they came out of the oven. Seriously, they would go perfectly with a panini, a steak or lobster even. They are just that elegant.
I loved how easy decorating with herbs can be. We had them all over the house, there were at least 20 little herb plants and everyone got to take one home at the end of the night. I saved a few for myself because… hello? Food blogger. Must. Have. Fresh. Herbs. Plus they smelled great.
We made sure all the candy was the same three colors we’d used throughout the party scheme and for some reason everyone loved that. I got several requests to help others put their parties together. But really, anyone can do this. Below are a few tips for your own inexpensive garden themed party.
Tips to Throw a Garden Themed Party:
- Keep the food simple, use fresh vegetables and any recipes you make would be best with herbs.
- Use flowers, herbs or other garden plants to decorate with.
- For decorations, choose a color or two and try to keep it as consistent as you can across the board.
- Use anything edible as part of the decorations if possible. Serve everything on decorative platters to make it part of the centerpiece or decorations.
- Make signs up to help guests figure out what different foods are.
- Herbs make great take home party favors, so stock up.
Now, ready for a delicious recipe that’s sure to be the hit of the party?
Creamy Garlic, Avocado and Tomato Rosemary Fries
- 1 bag Alexia Rosemary Fries
- 2 tablespoon. butter
- 1 tablespoon. minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- dash of salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 2 cups chopped avocado
- chopped rosemary, if desired
- Prepare Alexia Rosemary fries as directed on package.
- While Rosemary Fries are cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 1-2 minutes or until garlic is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the flour and mix until smooth.
- Put the saucepan back on the heat, and add half and half a little a time, stirring well.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Cook until sauce thickens and is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Put the Rosemary Fries into individual serving bowls or on a large platter.
- Drizzle the Garlic sauce across the fries.
- Top with chopped avocado and tomato.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh rosemary on top for garnish.
I’ve shared my upscale, spring-inspired recipe with you. I’d love to hear about yours! Leave a comment sharing your favorite spring recipe ideas.