Creamy Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
You probably already know I love my crockpot. With 5 busy teenagers to cook for, the crockpot comes in pretty handy. We love slow cooking meat, it keeps it moist and usually it just melts in your mouth.
When I cook chicken in my crockpot, I have a tendency to just dump some “saucy” ingredient in there with the chicken. Sometimes it’s a “cream of” something soup, sometimes it’s salad dressing. Ever tried a bottle of ranch dressing? AMAZING! Great for a quick and easy dinner – serve over pasta or rice and you have a fast dinner for a busy night. After trying ranch dressing a number of times we expanded to include honey mustard dressing and then Italian and then other delicious dressings. Change it up for different sandwiches everytime. Eventually we landed on Creamy Caesar Dressing and I was sold. They make great Chicken Caesar Sandwiches. Shred the chicken up before serving and you can put it right on a bun and serve great sandwiches anytime of year. Delicious. We haven’t made it in awhile and when I saw my friend Jen’s post for her Chicken Caesar Sandwiches, which are a bit more elaborate than mine, I decided I wanted to try her version, and try them I did. They were absolutely fantastic. And her recipe uses the crockpot too!
Chicken Caesar Sandwiches in the crockpot
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups of creamy caesar salad dressing
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley, we used fresh because that’s what I had
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder, I used more than what she used, I really love garlic
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Put the chicken breasts in your crockpot with about a cup of water. Put the lid on and cook for 4-6 hours, or until the meat can be shredded.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and drain the liquid. Shred the chicken and then return it to the crock pot.
- Toss the chicken with the creamy caesar dressing, parmesan, parsley, garlic powder and pepper. Taste and see if you want more of anything. We started with Jen’s numbers and used quite a bit more, but that’s cause I love garlic and pepper. Yes. I do.
- Once everything is all mixed together, cover it again with a lid and cook for 30 minutes or until everything is nice and hot.
- We served it hot on a bun with tomato and lettuce and a side of fresh veggies sticks and some baked chips. FANTASTIC!
Have you ever tried making Chicken Caesar Sandwiches in the crockpot?
Munchie Monday is open to everyone, and has no requirements, though we would love it if you at least linked back to us and/or showed off our button. 🙂
There are no rules, no specific types of recipes – just link up any recipe you’ve made and then hop around to visit all of the great linked up recipes.