Looking back, it really seems like no time has passed at all. And yet it’s been two years. Sunday Supper is celebrating it’s 2nd Birthday this month. While I’ve been around since the start, I did not participate in the first couple, my first Sunday Supper was actually February 11, 2012 with these delicious Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Champagne Frosting. It was a Romance Dinner theme and those cupcakes have been popular on my blog ever since!
Over the past two years I have participated in so many themes, met so many amazing friends and bonded with Isabel from Family Foodie, founder of Sunday Supper and she has become one of my closest, best, personal friends. Today’s theme is about memories. Our favorite memory from Sunday Supper’s past. This was so much harder to do than you think. When you work with one of your best friends, you forget which things are a result of the friendship, and which are a result of actual Sunday Supper. I remember when we started sharing the links we share them now, I remember creating the facebook page, I remember moving to the forums, I remember the most hilarious Sunday Supper conversations every Sunday night at 7pm EST on twitter. But the thing is, there is one thing that stands out in my mind. It happened this year. I’m sure for many it will be their favorite memory.
The Food and Wine Conference sponsored by Sunday Supper.
It was truly amazing meeting so many fabulous Sunday Supper gals (and guys). The memories made that weekend still live in my heart and make me smile on a fairly regular basis. I remember seeing Isabel in person for the first time. Her face lit up as she picked me up at the airport in her hometown. I had never seen a more sincere, heart warming smile and I knew we were going to have a fabulous weekend. And we did. The drive up to Orlando passed in a mere 10 minutes (not really it was 2 hour but I didn’t notice), we talked and talked and laughed and hung out with her awesome daughter and her best friend. I remember arriving at Rosen I was just completely overwhelmed by it’s size, beauty and the fact that it was finally here and happening.
Later when I finally had the chance to meet these wonderful Sunday Supper ladies in person, it was surreal. Standing in a hallway by the registration table, all these friendly faces kept appearing and I recognized them. Truly knew who they were from seeing their profile pictures on FB, twitter and in the forums! It was very, very cool. The friendships that were made that weekend as we learned how to grow our blogs, networked with other food bloggers and ate great food, socialized and listened to wonderful sessions, memories were made.
And by far, until the Summer of 2014 when I will once again be traveling to Orlando, Florida, this time with my son and daughter in tow, I can say with certainty that the Food and Wine Conference 2013 was my favorite Sunday Supper memory so far.
Also, I brought some Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing today.
Because you know a Sunday Supper post would not be complete without a recipe. And this one is good. And very easy. And delicious and quite frankly goes really good over a spinach salad. Just saying.
Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing & a big Happy Birthday!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 7 cooked bacon strips drained and finely crumbled
- 4 tablespoons green onion finely chopped
In a blender, blend the mayo, vinegar, light corn syrup, salt and pepper until smooth. Add the green onion and bacon.
Pour into a mason jar(s) and refrigerate the dressing for at least 2 hours. The longer you wait, the more the flavors combine. Serve over spinach or a salad.
Don’t forget to check out all the fantastic recipes coming at you today! Plenty of awesome food and we are all celebrating our favorite memories of Sunday Supper! Please join us!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.