World’s Best Creamiest Mashed Potatoes EVER!
I’ve been making these World’s Best Creamiest Mashed Potatoes since I was in my early 20’s. We don’t need to discuss my age, but with 5 pre-teens and teenagers, I’m sure you can figure it out. It’s been awhile. I love this, it’s so easy, so creamy and so flavorful – it makes any average meal just a little more and of course we make it every Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter as well as birthday’s and other special events. It’s just that good. I don’t call it the World’s Best Creamiest Mashed Potatoes just because.
I made this particular batch of my awesome World’s Best Creamiest Mashed Potatoes for the third month of the Crazy Cooking Challenge.
Last month’s Cooking Challenge was a quest to find the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and the month before, we found the Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese Recipe and let me just tell you, I had a blast with both.
World's Best Creamiest Mashed Potatoes
The best, creamiest, most delicious made from scratch mashed potatoes!
- 10 - 12 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes (do not cut or peel)
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 jumbo garlic clove, pressed or finely chopped (I also use garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 c. sour cream (add more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Scrub your potatoes. Drop into a pot of salted boiling water. Boil them about 40-50 minutes or so.
- Carefully drain them. Don’t allow them to cool too much. Cut them into 4 smaller pieces.
- Put everything into a huge bowl and then begin to mash them up. You can use a potato masher, but I actually use my handheld mixer.
- Now, add your seasonings, the garlic (I used powder for this recipe, but I do use the garlic cloves most of the time), the cream cheese, and the butter. Blend well.
- Now add the milk and sour cream. You can add more milk or sour cream to taste or to add to the creaminess.
- Blend well.
- Serve immediately! You can freeze these too, just remove from freezer, allow to sit about 20-30 minutes before putting in the oven. Bake at 325 covered (in tinfoil) for about 20-30 minutes or so. Mix well and check to be sure there are no cold spots.
Goes with anything and we make it for ALL major holidays. Not to mention, it’s a great side dish to make an ordinary dinner just a little extraordinary. So creamy, so delicious. Creamiest Mashed Potatoes ever.