Who doesn’t love simple recipes, with simple ingredients that taste like you spent hours, when you only spent minutes and let the oven do the rest of the work? This delicious sirloin tip steak dinner is literally ready in 10 minutes from when you pop it in the oven. The use of a sheet pan to cook both the steak and asparagus, means easy clean up and a meal fit for a king.
Something scrumptious for Spring, without a lot of work. The creamy, tangy Feta sauce is easy and absolutely delicious with the steaks and even the asparagus! This recipe, and over 115 more can be found in Sheet Pan Suppers, a new cookbook by Molly Gilbert focusing on simple, surprising. hands-off meals made easily in a sheet pan, straight from the oven. Be sure and check out this great interview with author, Molly Gilbert.
Molly Gilbert is the author of Dunk and Crumble, a wonderful food blog filled to the hilt with delicious recipes that are perfect for my family, and your family too. Her new cookbook, Sheet Pan Suppers, is filled with 120 recipes for amazing meals mostly cooked on a sheet pan. I love that they are all simple, and very quick – most of them only require a short time cooking in the oven. Right up my alley and perfect for busy nights!
I chose this recipe, Broiled Steak and Asparagus, from the cookbook because it fits our family perfectly. We just love steak and asparagus is our favorite veggies. Throw in that amazing Feta sauce and we were all in heaven! I loved how easy it was to prepare.
Everything in the cookbook is done in the oven, which means roasting, baking and broiling which for my family, are our three favorite methods to cook.
This Broiled Steak and Asparagus is literally to die for. Another thing we loved is that all the ingredients for the entire meal were fresh, simple ingredients that were easy to find at any store. When we were eating it though, it definitely felt like it had taken much longer than the 15 minutes it took to prepare and cook it. A wonderful weeknight meal!
Broiled Steak and Asparagus with Feta Cream Sauce #weekdaysupper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sirloin tip steaks (each 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick; about 2 1/4 pounds total)
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the broiler with a rack about 4 inches from the heat. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and mist a wire rack about the size of the sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Snap off the bottom of one asparagus spear, to see where it breaks easily. Line up the rest of the bunch and slice off the bottoms at the same spot. Place the trimmed asparagus on the prepared pan, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil., sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and toss to coat. Arrange the asparagus in a single layer around the perimeter of the pan and set the wire rack on top, nudging the asparagus aside as needed so the rack lies flat and even.
- Blot the steaks dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place the steaks on the wire rack.
- Place the pan under the broiler (The steaks should be about an inch form the heat). Broil, flipping steaks once, until well browned and charred at the edges, 4 to 5 minutes per side. for medium-rare. (If you prefer your steak more or less done, adjust the cooking time accordingly).
- While the steaks and asparagus cook make the feta cream sauce. Combine the feta cheese, sour cream, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and cider vinegar in a food processor or blender. Puree the ingredients until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and give the sauce one last pulse. Pour the sauce into a bowl and fold in the chives.
- Remove the pan from the broiler and allow the steak and asparagus to rest for 10 minutes on the rack. Transfer the steak to a cutting board before slicing it thinly against the grain. Serve the steak and asparagus with the feta cream sauce.
If you’d like to know more about Molly Gilbert, or this awesome cookbook, Sheet Pan Suppers, please visit Molly on Facebook (link), Twitter (link), Instagram (link) or Pinterest (link.)
Dinner ready in 15 minutes, start to finish. You can’t beat that. Also you can see in one of the photos in the collage above, we added more steaks to the dish to accommodate our larger family. These recipes are extremely easy to adapt to fit your lifestyle!
Want a chance to win a copy of Molly Gilbert’s Sheet Pan Suppers for yourself? You can enter to win below or visit any of the other WeekdaySupper participants who have cooked from Molly’s book and enter in theirs too. Giveaway is for only United States residents with a US mailing address. Giveaway will close May 13, 2015 at 11:59pm CST. Winner will be chosen and contacted May 14, 2015. Please leave a valid email.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Other Delicious Meals:
Don’t miss out on the other amazing recipes posted already this week, and scroll below for those that have already been posted prior!
- Monday – Quick Chicken & Baby Broccoli with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Family Foodie
- Tuesday – Classic Roast Chicken with Mustardy Potatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Wednesday – Fajita Flank Steak with Peppers & Onion by I’m Not the Nanny
- Thursday – Herbed Goat Cheese & Zucchini Tart by Magnolia Days
- Friday – Broiled Steak & Asparagus with Feta Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
I will update this with the rest of the links as they come available. Otherwise, hop on over to the Sunday Supper Movement website for the latest and greatest meal ideas, recipes and the best part, friendship and fun! Looking for even more inspiration? Be sure and follow the Sheet Pan Suppers Pinterest Board:
This post is sponsored by Workman Publishing Company in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.