When I received Shaina Olmanson’s debut cookbook, Desserts In Jars: 50 Sweet Treats That Shine (The Harvard Common Press – June 2012), I was ecstatic. I just knew this cookbook was designed for me and my family.
My kids know, I love to prepare simple desserts that look fancy and I’ve got a little love affair with jars going. I’m always looking for new things to make and fun ways to serve them to my friends and family.
Olmanson has created wonderful recipes with cute and inventive ways to serve them. They are the perfect dessert portion and just beautifully presented. As soon as I got my book I wanted to try them all. Who wouldn’t want to, with delicious recipes such as: Orange-White Chocolate Cheesecakes with Cranberry Sauce, Lemon-Blueberry Bread Pudding, Peach Granita Bellinis and Spiced Hot Chocolate Mix with Cinnamon Marshmallows?
For anyone looking for inspiring dessert ideas and beautiful inventive ways to serve them, Shaina has provided an entire cookbook of great recipes to try.
Shaina Olmanson has given me an extra cookbook to give away to one lucky Daily Dish Recipes reader. One winner will receive their own copy of her cookbook Desserts in Jars, 50 Sweet Treats That Shine (Harvard Common Press). You are sure to fall in love with the recipes and photography as soon as you open the book.
Here on my blog, I’m sharing with you a wonderful recipe from the book for Banana Buttermilk Trifles. They are gorgeous, taste amazing and are so much fun to serve up in little jars.
Be sure and stop by to see the others:
- Karen from In the Kitchen with KP – Pull Apart Cinnamon Bread
- Nicole from Daily Dish Recipes – Banana Buttermilk Trifles
- Heather from girlichef – Orange White-Chocolate Cheesecakes w/ Cranberry Sauce
- Sunithi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz – Cherry Almond Squares
- Amber from Mama’s Blissful Bites – Campfire Bars Mix
- Renee from Magnolia Days – Monster Cookies Mix
- Jen from Juanita’s Cocina – Basil Strawberry Lemonade Granita
- Lane from Supper For a Steal – Strawberry Shortcakes
If you would like to purchase this book for yourself or to give as a gift this season, you can purchase Desserts in Jars here.
Disclaimer: Harvard Common Press gave me a copy of Desserts In Jars for review and one to give away. All opinions are mine. Photographs and Recipe are © 2012 by Shaina Olmanson and used by permission of The Harvard Common Press.