Gardening is not something that I am exactly good at. Several years ago, we planted a whole bunch of vegetables and fruits and three years later, all I have to show for it, is some Asparagus. That’s okay, Asparagus is my favorite anyway. On a side note, we did wind up with some onions the first year and they were delicious – so that was cool. Anyway, next goal is herbs. That’s what we’re working on now.
This week’s theme for #SundaySupper is “From the Garden”, which is great because you know, I love asparagus and I actually have it growing so it’s sort of a win – win with that.
We love souffles. It’s a great way for me to get the kids to eat veggies they might not otherwise love. The problem with souffles is that if you are trying to photograph them, you only have about a 30 second margin in which to snap the photo before the souffle sort of “falls in”. So yeah, as I’m sure you can see in the photo, I missed that window of opportunity, but guess what? It tasted so good, I didn’t really care. This recipe, originally started out as a fairly simplistic recipe for a Spinach Souffle which I have then modified and made it into an easy Asparagus Souffle. If you are looking for some gourmet version, this is not it – but if you are looking for something that is simple to make, works with almost any veggie and still tastes amazing, here ya go.
Super simple. Super easy. Super delicious.
Happy #SundaySupper. After you check out the recipe, please be sure and scroll down and visit the other blogs that are part of this week’s Sunday Supper.
And now for the entire #SundaySupper team and their wonderful dishes. Also please feel free to join us and tell us about what you’re making for #SundaySupper on twitter!
Cocktails and Wine Pairings:
- Lemon Parsley Cocktail Magnolia Days
- Tangerine Thyme Fizz Cocktail An Appealing Plan
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Wine; Herb and Wine Pairing Charts Wine Every Day
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers Supper for a Steal
- Garden Salsa Chocolate Moosey
- High Fiber Zucchini Mint Lentil Fritters Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Zucchini Corn Fritters Mrs. Mama Hen
- Tarragon Chicken Lovely Pantry
- Asparagus Souffle The Daily Dish Recipes
- Spring Herbs and Green Tortilla de Patata Les recettes de Lorette
- Zucchini Lasagne From My Corner of Saratoga
- Red Potato and Grilled Corn Salad The Messy Baker Blog
- Scallion Pancakes Teeny Tiny Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet and Spicy Brussel Sprouts Juanita’s Cocina
- Pink Peppercorn Pavlova with Strawberry and Basil Syrup The Primlani Kitchen
- Meyer Lemon Bars That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote Cookistry
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.