It’s always surprising when I realize it’s been a few weeks between entries. That is not supposed to happen. I seem to think I am the mom who can do it all. Of course it has been proven time and time again that this is not true.
I have been crazy busy the past few weeks. A lot of major life changes, a lot of great things, a lot of not so great things and just life in general has seemed more hectic lately. And I cannot even really blame it on the holiday season. I haven’t even gone there yet.
What’s been crazy in my world:
- Navy daughter got OUT of the Navy and is no longer pursuing that as a life option. The whole thing was a little screwed up but I know she made the right choice. Mini Me is now considering the Navy as her life option. She still has 2 years yet.
- Navy daughter moved out of the house and in with her mom for a bit. This is a first ever. First, we’ve not had a child move out. Second, they have lived with us full time all along, so this whole thing is new to all of us. I think her mom is happy to have her there, though I do so hope that the daughter makes good choices, gets a job or pursues school.
- Mini Me got a boyfriend. And we like him. And he’s cute. And they are cute. Photos below.
- Middle Child AND her boyfriend finally quit Fife & Drum last month, a year after the entire rest of the family left. It’s been hard but she’s glad she made the decision. There were some real losers in that group (parent wise) and they were making it very difficult on many of the kids. Most won’t say anything so I’m glad they are all back there together and we’ve all moved on. Good riddance of that group.
- The son finally got a job at a place he has been applying to since he turned 16. He’s 19. Juggling his schedule has been interesting and I have come to the conclusion he needs his drivers license (even though he doesn’t want it) and an old car to drive. I simply cannot keep doing this.
- I have spent some time reconnecting with old friends lately, and it has seriously lifted my mood, made me stronger and caused me to re-evaluate some difficult decisions I need to make and move forward.
- My food blog is doing well. I’m a bit swamped with work, but am enjoying it and hoping it keeps growing through 2014.
- Triberr unofficially hired me as a full time campaign manager which is super awesome and I love the job. I love Triberr. I love Dan & Dino. And I especially love the cool people I meet and work with. So that’s all good.
So see, life has just been a little busy. It’s not necessarily bad, just something I need to focus on a little more sometimes.
I’m back for the long haul now. I don’t like being away and I miss all of you.
What is the number one thing you find hardest about blogging when life gets busy? Do you have any tips? Throw them at me below!