100 Things – August 2006 Version
Yes, I did this once before, but I was reading over a bunch of my things and realized that they actually have changed a little in only a years time, so I thought I would jump back on the bandwagon and write another one. So here is my August 2006 version of 100 Things About Me.
These are not in any particular order however I have rearranged a bunch of stuff. Here is my list of 100 things about me.
100 Things About Nicole
1. I am a 33 year old single mother.
2. I have a boyfriend who means the world to me.
3. We have five children. (2) mine + (3) His = (5) Ours
4. I live in Cottleville, Missouri which is a suburban area inside St. Charles County, which is the second largest city in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.
5. Although born in Houston, Texas I am a Missouri Native (because of adoption)
6. I am an August baby, making me a Virgo. Not just that, but my mother has told me that I act like a Virgo. What does that mean?
Primary Characteristics: Creative, Helpful, Loyal
Positive Personality Traits: Intelligent and analytical, Meticulous and reliable, Modest and shy, Practical and diligent
Dangers: Can be fussy and a worrier, Can be a perfectionist and conservative, Sometimes overcritical and harsh. Yeppers that’s me! LOL
7. I have four blogs – one on writing, one on business, one on scrapbooking, and one on being frugal! I’m also paid by someone to do their blog.
8. Since I originally posted my 100 lists, I now only have one single personal blog on mostly writing, and another business blog for my Richmont Direct business.
9. Technically I do have another blog, as I am a writer for www.families.com and I maintain blogs under the topics of adoption, scrapbooking and frugal living currently.
10. Being a freelance writer for www.families.com is the best! I love the ability to guest blog on other topics when I want to.
11. I’ll do most anything on a dare! (or anything once – within reason here people)
12. I have an obsession with, and love to use exclamation marks!!!!
13. I also love to use caps and “” and () to capture points and occasionally I have to go back and edit because it’s so much LOL
14. I love words. I love writing. Sometimes I will write words I am not sure what they mean and then go back and try to make them into something. I just love words.
15. I’m an adult living with ADHD and it’s noticeable most of the time.
16. I play the piano fairly well.
17. I am a freelance writer, as well as a content writer. I am on the verge of being published in a scrapbooking trade magazine – an article!
18. My favorite place in my house is the kitchen because it’s where my computer sits, and well, you EAT in the kitchen, and I really enjoy that!
19. I absolutely LOVE to cook, and many of my closest friends and family members do not know this about me.
20. I have been divorced for 6 1/2 years and still consider it the best decision I ever made. He’s happier and so am I!
21. My other two “babies” are our two cats – Drinda and Maple.
22. I have two mother’s but not from a divorce. There is no step on any of their titles. One is my biological mother and one is my adoptive mother. I have awesome relationships with both of them.
23. I grew up with only 1 sibling (an adoptive brother), but in the past 10 years now have 8 siblings (5 sisters (1 biological, 2 step) and 3 brothers (1 adoptive, 2 biological) YIKES!! I love it though!
24. I have lived in 6 states, 15 Cities or Towns, and moved 19 times since I was 18 years old and we are not a military family!)
25. I love to scrapbook and could do it for hours everyday and never get tired of it.
26. I’ve been scrapbooking for over 17 years!
27. My boyfriend and I took a trip to Louisiana three days after we began dating. That’s one long drive and we took his three kids to go pick up my two! LOL
28. I’ve been to Egypt. Spent three weeks there and would love the opportunity to go back.
29. I like to eat dinner at 5pm on the nose. (I could probably even eat at 4:30!)
30. I’ve had breakfast in Paris. (albeit it was in a very “orange” airport on a 3 hour layover. But hey it was a coffee and croissant!
31. I am an Arctophile also known as an arctophilist and have what is known as arctophilia all over my house. (try using google to figure it out)
32. I’ve been in love so much it hurts. And still am.
33. I know several famous people – Kevin Kline, Scott Foley (Felicity & Scrubs), Scott Adderton (lesser known director), Michael Renna (who played a “Cadet” in Child’s Play 3 however he actually went to Kemper Military School where that film was taped. Kemper closed it’s doors in 2002.
34. I’m a gadget geek.
35. My favorite possession is probably my computer.
36. If children WERE possessions they would be my favorites instead.
37. I secretly really want an Ipod and nobody around me knows it.
38. I absolutely love to read and I stay up most nights reading novels, or writing my own.
39. I plan to write a series of novels and have them published someday.
40. I still get carded sometimes to buy alcohol or cigarettes (I guess that’s a compliment but it’s annoying)
41. I don’t drink but once a year.
42. I sucked my thumb until I was 12. (and so did my son almost but he broke the habit during his 11th year)
43. I adore Country Music – Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts are my favorites.
44. I also love Christian Contemporary Music.
45. Michael W. Smith has been my favorite singer since I was 10.
46. My favorite author’s have styles that aren’t very similar to my own.
47. They are Sue Grafton, the now deceased VC Andrews (not the ghost writer), Torey Hayden, Nicholas Sparks & LaVyrle Spencer.
48. My favorite books have no plot at all.
49. That’s because I really like “How To” Books and Education. Especially on writing.
50. I will be a student for life, I love to learn.
51. My first computer had a tape deck for cartridges.
52. It was a Radio Shack TRS-80.
53. My second computer was an AppleIIE Computer.
54. It had REAL floppy disks.
55. I actually loved playing games on that TRS-80
56. I’ve been on the Internet since 1993!
57. I was the owner of one of the first TWO mailing list groups ever. Long before they were “popular”.
58. I wear contacts.
59. I used to wear glasses.
60. If I didn’t wear anything, I’d be too blind to drive my car.
61. If there was anyone I’ve ever known that I could have lunch with right now, it would be my grandma.
62. I can’t because she died several years ago. I miss her a lot!
63. I collect all kinds of stuff. See #36 for just one of the items.
64. I love to organize, but few know this. I’m probably a bit OCD when it comes to organizing.
65. I used to be the most creative person I knew. Until I had kids.
66. I have about 45 notebooks on a shelf that are filled with lists, story ideas, poems, quotes, greeting card prose, and just ramblings.
67. When I was 16 I wrote my own quote, and then had it copyrighted.
68. I have a HUGE ugly brownish binder filled with probably 500+poems on everything from paper scraps to fully typed pages.
69. I hate to talk on the phone.
70. I have a love/hate relationship with caller id (on one hand it’s great ’cause it tells me who’s calling, but it usually tells me that I don’t want to talk to whoever is calling)
71. I love to get mail, but hate to get email.
72. I absolutely loathe the creator of the “Forward” button on email services.
73. I’m a huge Law and Order SVU fan
74. I have the biggest crush in the world on Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni)
75. My other favorite show is Veronica Mars.
76. I also really loved Joan of Arcadia but it’s been cancelled.
77. When I get mad, sad, scared, fall in love, fall out of love, happy, or just about any other emotion, I hit the CDs – I am a huge music fan – love all types – country, Christian, soft rock, jazz, classical.
78. I cry when I’m sad, scared, confused, tired and angry.
79. In high school we took a personality test and I was diagnosed “ultra-sensitive” and “highly empathetic”.
80. I am not a girly girl at all.
81. I rarely wear make up.
82. My hair has gray streaks in it – that started at age 30. I rarely color it.
83. I love being outside. Even in the winter. (there’s just not much to do)
84. My favorite season is fall.
85. I’m addicted to diet coke, especially in the fountain variety!
86. My very favorite place to eat is Mr. Goodcents Subs.
87. My second very favorite place to eat is Cici’s Pizza.
88. My third very favorite place to eat is 9th Street Noodles OR any good Italian restaurant!
89. I type between 75-85 wpm depending on the keyboard in use.
90. The best job I’ve ever had in my life was being a mother.
91. I own over 300 DVDs and 200 CDs and have about 1000 songs on my computer.
92. I’m fundamentally rather frugal. Good thing I write about it on www.families.com
93. I have an IQ that reaches the genius field though only a select few know this about me. Instead of being proud of this, it creeps me out for some reason. I wish I didn’t know that.
94. I want to write a book someday. I have about 8 books started. I would love to write fiction for ages 15-18 range.
95. I’m a huge Harry Potter fan.
96. I “work” from home. I use the term “work” very loosely.
97. I have an odd fear of heights.
98. I believe that when Jesus said, “Judge not lest ye be judged,” he meant it.
99. I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life, and I owe it all to God.
100. This has to be the hardest thing I’ve ever written. (even the second time around)
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.