When I found out that our theme this week for This Week’s Cravings this week was Summer BBQ & Summer Vegetable Recipes, I was pretty excited since my garden has been doing so well. It seemed like the choices were endless. But then I couldn’t really decide what I felt like pulling out of the garden for the theme. While I was still deciding, my zucchini came due and we had a bunch of tomatoes to use up and well, it was an easy choice!
Summer veggies are amazing, but let me just tell you that if they come out of your garden, they are literally unbeatable. So much flavor that is missing in typical store bought veggies. Trust me on this.
Zucchini Tomato Summer Vegetable Salad
Zucchini Summer Salad
A wonderful summer zesty salad, full of flavor and fresh veggies.
- 3 cups of zucchini
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a pan, saute zucchini, onion, minced garlic and all of the seasonings in the butter until the zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Gently stir the tomato wedges into the zucchini. Sprinkle with the cheese. Remove the pan from heat and cover. Let sit for about 2 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Remove from pan and serve from a pretty bowl.
This week’s theme is:
Summer BBQ & Summer Vegetable Recipes
What have you been grilling all summer?
Please tell me in the comments below!