I cannot believe that I have 3 recipes left in the A-Z Challenge. Today is Letter X and I remember when I thought it was going to take forever to get here, but here I am. So, X is for Xavier Steak. Doesn’t it look fantastic?
My personal story behind Xavier steak goes like this. In March, I made a list of each recipe I’d like to make for each letter of the alphabet. As I’ve mentioned in other recipes this month, some of the letters were more challenging than others. With no exception – X might have been the hardest one. I mean what food or ingredient starts with the letter X? So I had to dig a little. I came up with Xavier Steak. It’s an American Dish which is super simple and just has a fancy name
Xavier Steaks – Swiss, Asparagus and Juicy Steak Recipe
- Steaks (1 per person)
- 4-5 asparagus spears per steak
- olive oil
- salt, if desired
- slices of swiss cheese
- Cook your steak on the grill for about 4 minutes per side. Or you can cook using a griddle or pan on your stove. Same thing - 4 minutes or so per side.
- Remove the steak and immediately move to a baking sheet.
- Coat the asparagus spears in olive oil and lightly salt. (salt can be omitted)
- Grill them (or pan grill or on griddle) for about 2-3 minutes.
- Cover with slices of swiss cheese.
- Put the pan under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately. They are SO good!
Have you ever made Xavier steak? Delicious but so ridiculously easy!