Buffy over at Buffy’s Write Zone posted a fun little exercise that was inspired by Janet Reid’s fun contests over on her blogJanet Reid, Literary Agent. It pulled my in right away, because I’ve written myself into a little plot hole and needed to take a break. So why not do this instead?
First, you have to answer these questions:
1. Adjective that describes you.
2. Something you hate to do.
3. The type of vehicle/model you drive.
4. A person you graduated high school with.
5. Your favorite condiment.
6. The color of the shirt you’re wearing.
7. The name of someone you saw today.
8. Your favorite food.
Now, using your answers write a sentence using all of the words. My answers to the above questions are:
Cyndi was feeling motivated to scrub the ranch dressing stain off the red shirt in the laundry, but Jaime showed up in her Ford Windstar and begged her to go out for Sushi instead.
That was a lot harder than I thought it would be, and I would NEVER write like that, but it was fun anyway!
I’d love to see your sentences, so feel free to leave a comment.