I have issues. Oh yeah I do.
So my book is flowing along. I have a small little snag. I get ahead of the snag, which was nothing more than a period of dialogue I was unsure of how to put into the correct context to make it believable yet funny.
Next, I change genres mid way (well after 6,000 something works). Right? So I’m thinking we are all up hill from here, because I know where I am heading. Ha!
On day two I made a mistake. I opened an old story idea I had written, and read it again. I thought it would be great to somehow incorporate some of the scenes I had planned into my new story. The scenes weren’t written yet, so it seemed like an okay idea to do (no different than the dares on the board). Yes. Well.
What happened was a bit unexpected.
I wound up actually starting a whole different book on the 2nd day, except I didn’t realize it until last night when I looked at my word count and it was over 6,000 for the new scenes and had gone in a direction my original book is not going.
Yeah, uhm. So I’m now simultaneously writing both. LOL And no, my word count does not reflect both. Only the one I started on Nov. 1. I’d be over 12,000 if I counted both. hehe I have issues.