A refreshing Watermelon Spritzer Smoothie to quench your thirst in the heat.
It was hot yesterday. Like 114 degrees hot. I’m pretty sure that yesterday was the epitome of sweltering. My son calls it “chunky hot” because the heat is so bad and the humidity so thick it’s in “chunks”. Don’t ask. We had all this leftover watermelon and a few limes from yesterday’s post so we decided to create Watermelon Spritzer Smoothies to enjoy into the evening. Interestingly when I brought these outside to photograph them, they were full smoothies, like ice throughout and you can see that within 5 minutes the small particles of ice were melting and were more like traditional spritzers. We did add more ice after the pictures. haha
We’re just a little addicted to smoothies this summer.
They were truly delicious and we will definitely be making them again. Like probably this afternoon. No idea what today’s temp has reached yet, but it’s stifling hot out there and it’s hard to breathe. I’ll stay indoors thank you, but I will be enjoying one of these sweet summery Watermelon Spritzer Smoothie again.
Watermelon Spritzer Smoothie
- 3½ cups of watermelon, cut into cubes and de-seeded
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1½ cups of ginger ale
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 lime, cut into slices (for garnish)
- In a blender, put the watermelon chunks, squeeze in the lime juice and pour in the ginger ale. Blend until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of ice (you might need more) and blend until smoothie consistency, or pretty much what you like.
- Slice up some lime slices, cut into one edge and then secure on the edge of the glass. You can add paper umbrella’s like my daughter did if you’d like. Very summery, very refreshing!
Side note: In place of the ginger ale, you could also use Sprite or sparkling water.
I’m on a watermelon kick, can you tell?