I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This #EatMoreBites shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
Who doesn’t love TWIX® Bites? We used TWIX® Bites to create easy TWIX® Milkshakes and TWIX® Brownie Bites for our Teen Night In party!
I remember when my kids were all still really young. We used to have kids coming and going at all times of the day and evening, as they played outside, ran around the neighborhood and rode bikes together. I hoped and prayed that even when my kids were teenagers, that our house would be the house that everyone wanted to come to hang out at. Not so much because I wanted to be the cool mom, that was part of it ;), but also because I wanted a safe place they could all hang out and have fun and I enjoy watching them all together. Our house being the place to hang out, means I don’t have to worry about who is driving, where they are or who they are with. Flash forward all these years later, and that is our house to a tee. I feel blessed and I love having all these kids over on a regular basis.
Now as teenagers, the kids invite friends over for movie night, game night, to cook, to play video games, you name it.
With school finally out for summer, we decided to host a Teen’s Night In to celebrate the end of the school year and the beginning of summer!
TWIX® Bites made the food for the party, perfect!
It all started with an in-store demo at Walmart, where my daughter and her bestie (the party planners) got to try out some TWIX® Bites and got some coupons to get some of their own to bring home. You can get YOUR coupon on Social Twist for a $1.00 off two 2.83 oz or larger bags or $3.00 off of two 6 oz or larger bags. You can find the coupon HERE.
We quickly located where the TWIX® Bites were at Walmart so we could use our coupons. We bought a lot. I mean, a lot. These are hungry teenagers. And they came in different sizes, so I picked up larger ones for the recipes and then we picked up the smaller packs for each kid to have their own pack. At our Walmart, the TWIX® Bites were located on an end cap AND in the middle of the store by all the aisles in big huge displays.
There were also some larger packs in a small area of the candy aisle, but you’d do better looking for the large display.
Next, the decorations. The girls went with a Turquoise and Black theme and I loved it! They bought everything from streamers, to balloons, tablecloths, and it was all turquoise and black. They had so much fun decorating the place the night of the party.
We were celebrating the beginning of summer so we grilled outside and ate outside, and it was wonderful.
Next we had to focus on the treats. Teenagers are hungry creatures and they love sweets, so I knew the TWIX® Bites would be a huge hit! The girls chose the recipes and decided TWIX® milkshakes were the perfect way to cool off in the summer heat. And of course, every teen party must have chocolate, the more the better. So they decided TWIX® brownie bites must also be on the menu.
- 2 (7 ounce) bags of TWIX® bites
- ½ gallon of vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup of caramel sauce, plus extra for drizzling over whipped cream, if desired
- whipped cream for topping, if desired
- We made the milkshakes in batches, so only use one bag of TWIX® bites each time.
- In a blender, pulverize the TWIX® bites as finely as you can get. TWIX® bites are the perfect size to make this easier.
- Scoop in about half the container of vanilla ice cream.
- Blend well.
- Add ½ the caramel sauce and blend.
- To make the second batch, repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.
- Top individual milkshakes with whipped cream and drizzle caramel over the top if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups dark cocoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 (7 oz. pkg) TWIX® bites, finely chopped
- ¼-1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Read more: http://dailydishrecipes.com/fudgy-and-moist-coconut-chocolate-brownies/#ixzz33EgwaXky
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease mini muffin pans or use paper inserts.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove and add the sugar, stirring to combine it all together. Return the sugar/butter mixture to the heat for about a minute or until it’s hot, but not yet bubbling. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add the 2 eggs and beat for about a minute. Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract and beat into the eggs until smooth.
- Stir the hot sugar/butter into the egg mixture until it is all smooth.
- Add the flour and mix well. Add the finely chopped TWIX® bites, and stir just until combined.
- Pour the batter into individual mini muffin holes and bake at 350°F for approx. 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with no loose batter. Allow to cool.
Everything was a huge success! They played games, watched movies, sang songs, had a bonfire and celebrated the end of another school year and the beginning of a long and fun summer! They also ate their weight collectively in TWIX® Bites and food! Everyone loved everything and it was extremely fun (and loud!) haha.