After a bit of a hiatus, it’s time again for the big February Secret Recipe Club reveal, and this month I had two blogs. Lucky me! So if you missed the Moist Fresh Strawberry Muffins, be sure and check those out too. In the meantime, this wonderful recipe for Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes comes from Laura, over at Mother Would Know.
I had Laura’s blog back in October, when we made her Banana Nut Bread which was SO good! We had made a list of to-try recipes from her blog, and have been slowly wittling away at it. We still need to try her Lamb Meatballs, Glazed Apple Cider Loaf Cake and Easy Lemon Chiffon Mousse.
We chose her Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes this time, because we almost made them last time we had her blog. We were hosting a baby shower and needed something that would add some color to the table. These suited our purpose nicely and were a big hit! Laura, they were SO good and we will be doing them again for sure. We made some mini ones with Cherry tomatoes and they worked out well. So cute!
Ready to make Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes?
- 8-10 Campari tomatoes (this works with cherry tomatoes too for a smaller version)
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can of solid white meat tuna (we prefer Albacore)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoons capers
- 1½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash your tomatoes and hollow them out. You need to do this carefully or you can easily pierce the skin. Discard the insides.
- Drain the juice out of the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, put the chopped hard boiled eggs, and tuna and mix. Add the chives, capers and mayonnaise and blend together. Taste test. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each tomato with the tuna salad mixture. Have it mound slightly at the top. Garnish the tomatoes with chopped chives.
- Refrigerate the stuffed tomatoes covered until ready to serve.
- Serve cold within a few hours.
[inlinkz_linkup id=591311 mode=1]