This is the Letter L post for the A to Z Challenge. I decided on Things I Love Right Now, because I used to do a series like this a long time ago, and I kinda miss sharing some of my favorite things with my readers. So here’s just a sampling of some of my favorite things right now.
1. Spring flowers. I love spring time with the thunderstorms and warm breezy days. I love the new life everywhere, but mostly I love the flowers blooming everywhere. The sweet smell of spring I always say. Of course recently we had mulch and landscaping work, so some smells are not as pleasant. Still, I love the beauty of the flowers, and the fact that you know summer is on it’s way.
2. Walking in my barefeet. I love doing this year round, but obviously when it’s icy or snowy, that’s just not an opportune time. So, now that the weather is cooperating, I’m outside constantly sans shoes. If I’m not barefoot, I’m probably in my Nike Flip Flops. I love them almost as much. But still the freedom of free feet is enough to make me quite happy.
3. Baby bunnies in my yard. We have three. They are absolutely adorable. This one is Thumper. Yes, we named them because we are just weird that way. There’s also Thyme and Lola. Pretty sure there was a 4th one, but I’m not sure where he/she went. Something happened to their mama, so we’ve been watching them like a hawk. They are growing and thriving so YAY! I can’t get enough. And they seem totally unbothered when I’m sitting on the patio and they are only three feet from my foot. As long as I leave them alone, they just ignore me which has given me a free for all on photo taking. I’m in love.
4. Taking photos of everything. Yes, this happens. All. The. Time. I feel the need to capture my life on film, so I’m constantly taking photos. I have about 200 I took just today of my sweet grandbaby Carsyn. I can’t help it. I want to memorize every look he has, his sweet dimple, his long eyelashes, his golden hair that is just starting to show signs of ringlets. The only thing I can’t capture is that sweet baby smell. I’d be a millionaire. Just saying.
5. Netflix marathons. Wentworth, The Ranch, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Fuller House are the four most recent I have completed. I know there is so much I haven’t seen, so I’m still hunting for new shows to consume in marathon fashion. Any suggestions? Tell me in the comments below.
6. Painted piggies. I’ve become obsessed with nail polish again. I think it’s because I’m constantly in sandals, flip flops or bare feet, but painted toes are a must right now. What’s your favorite color for spring? I’m loving me some essie colors but want some new ones.
7. My planner and all things planner related. Planner obsession much? Oh yeah! All things planner are always on my obsession list. It’s a creative outlet for me, beyond just keeping me organized. I’m a planner junkie, an organizing junkie… does it help with productivity? Not always, but hey I’m having fun and accumulating lots of stuff.
8. My Ikea Carts. Rascog is my favorite and I have three and I want more. My daughter has one and she wants more. My carts are for 1.) Planner Organization 2.) Food Styling Props I use often 3.) Work Cart (has all my notebooks on it, my current planner, my bullet journal, folders that contain sponsored posts and brand info I’m working with and way more). My daughter uses her’s to organize all her downstairs baby stuff. You know, the extras so she doesn’t have to run back upstairs 100 times a day. I want one for my kitchen for spices, extracts, etc. My bathroom for makeup and other stuff I use a lot. My bedroom as a side table of sorts kinda like in the picture shown. Yes, yes I know I am obsessed. But they keep me organized. And they are portable. And fit in a closet. And I heart them.
9. Colorful glass bottles from Dollar Tree. I found these accidentally. I was headed to dollar tree because I needed a few food styling props that looked new for a photo shoot (a muffin pan and a few utensils). I found them at the end of an aisle and actually that’s not true. My daughter found them and called me over because SHE even knew I was going to be obsessed. I bought several in different sizes. What am I using them for? I haven’t a clue, I just knew I needed them. The cashier felt my plight and confided that she too had purchased a few and had no idea what she was going to do with them but she loved them as well. haha Who knew?