Every year I get an itch to write out some resolutions, though I never call them that – I always call them goals. I try to balance them out with a few very short term goals, a few longer term goals and a few full year goals. This year I wasn’t as motivated to write them in advance, but while blog hopping, I was inspired this year by Write Anything and this particular post.who blogs over at
Andrea wrote a list of anti-resolutions, which came across as so much more fun to write than my traditional writing goals each year. So with no further ado… here are mine.
- I will not throw my entire 125 page typed manuscript out the window, no matter how tempting it is when I am trying to edit and its not working.
- I will not crumple my list of ideas and future story plots and throw them into the trash, even when they seem impossible to get inspired by.
- I will not scream every time one of my five children comes into my writing space and inquires about playing some electronic device at least 20 times a day.
- I will not kill myself writing hundreds of articles in hopes of creating some viable residual income.
- I will not accept the rejection letters and deem the manuscript not worthy.
- I will avoid the temptation of sending hate mail to editors and publishers who think my manuscript isn’t what they are looking for.
- I will not forget to make time for my books and future ideas by delving into article writing like there is no tomorrow.
- I will not forget to blog more often on my various topics so that I can stay in touch with my valuable readers and bloggy friends.
So that’s my list this year. I know, I know. Different than before, but works for me! Thanks Andrea!