It’s tailgating time and I am definitely excited! I love tailgating time because I am a foodie and it means great food. And college football. I mean what else could be better? We love this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad for just about any event but most especially tailgating. It’s easy to make ahead, take with you and it can be served hot or cold. We prefer it cold, but it’s pretty great warm too.
Sunday Supper is all about football food this week and guess what? That’s my favorite kind of sport. EATING… no, silly! Not Football!
I love sports about as much as I enjoy cleaning my house. Not at all. haha But I do love the fun foods that go along with this fun sport and am happy to celebrate today with this awesome Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad and I can assure you it’s a huge hit. Add more sauce for a spicier pasta, but overall you get a nice, creamy, slightly spicy buffalo chicken pasta and it’s served cold, but could be served warm if you wanted. Versatality!
But let’s get back to the Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
This great tailgating recipe, is a tangy, spicy pasta salad that is perfect for the big game or any other event. It goes fast, make extra! You can adjust how spicy you want it by adding more or less Buffalo Wing Sauce. In my book, that makes it perfect!
Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
A tangy, spicy, combination of all the things you love about buffalo chicken, tossed into a pasta salad. Grilled chicken coated in creamy blue cheese dressing and spicy hot sauce, tossed with onions and celery for a cold pasta salad perfect for any tailgating or picnic adventure.
- 1 pound (8 ounces) of pasta, any type
- 2 1/2 cups grilled chicken breast, chopped
- 1 cup of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese, crumbled
- Boil a pot of water. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain the pasta, and rinse with cold water until pasta is cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pasta, celery, onion, chicken, blue cheese dressing and hot sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Top the pasta with crumbled blue cheese. Serve cold.
Ready for even more deliciousness for Football Gameday or honestly, ANY day?!?!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.