It’s my 2nd recipe for SRC this week. What? There’s two? Yes. It’s a long story. Short version, Jane contacted me and asked if I could take on another blog, I said yes and the rest as they say, is history. See, it didn’t take me even a second to think about taking this blog. This is my friend Wendy’s blog. She blogs at The Weekend Gourmet. We are part of another close knit group together and I have many a time wandered through her blog, and made notes about what I wanted to make. When given the chance to make something from her blog for Secret Recipe Club, I needed only to go into my folder and see what I’d kept from her – which was quite a bit. I actually didn’t go very far back to choose a recipe though.
Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
A couple of weeks ago Wendy posted this Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip and I knew as soon as I saw it, I wanted to try it. This weekend provided just the chance. We have company staying with us, and I am a firm believer of keeping my company well fed, which means lots of snacks and options throughout the day. This was a fantastic before our late lunch and after lunch into dinner dip. In fact, something we sort of figured out on accident. It makes a great Sandwich Spread too. Just saying. But as a dip, Wendy has come up with a great recipe!
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 7-ounce container of fat-free Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2-3 slices of crumbled bacon
- 2 sliced green onions
- half a finely diced shallot
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 package of ranch dip mix
- Dump every single thing in a bowl and combine well. Yep, that’s essentially it.
- Wendy suggested refrigerating for a half hour. We let it sit in the fridge for the initial half hour. But later that day it went back in covered until we were ready for a little more.
- The flavor just got better as the day went on. So if you can handle not eating it for an hour or two… I definitely recommend it.
- That’s it! Serve with some crusty bread, veggies, crackers and pretzel sticks.
Thank you so much Wendy for such a fabulous, fun and very easy recipe! We all loved it so much!