This Week’s Cravings theme this week is Summer Berry Recipes. That is not a problem. We love fruit at our house, and most especially berries – strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Yum!
I make tons of fruit recipes all summer long, so why not pull one out of the archives and share it with you. This summer salad is so easy to make and is ready in as long as it takes you to cut up the fruit and mix it all together. So simple.
I love fruit. I love summer fruit. I could eat it everyday. I love making a quick fruit salad to serve on the side in the summer and my kids love it too. This is one of our favorites and we make it all the time. We change it up for different holidays, seasons and events. I will also make a up a huge batch of this over a weekend and I use sm. plastic storage containers to divide it up. During the school year, my kids can pop one into their lunch box in the morning and have yummy fruit for lunch.
Summer Berry Recipe: Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 lb. strawberries, halved &/or quartered
- 1 c. blueberries
- 3/4 c. raspberries
- 1 1/2 c. seedless red and/or green grapes, halved (we usually don't halve them & we use both!)
- 2 lg. bananas, sliced
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 c. fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 (21oz) can of peach pie filling
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- Clean the fruit and chop it up or halve things.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, bananas, kiwi and pineapple.
- Gently fold in the pie filling and the vanilla. Sometimes instead of using the vanilla, we will substitute some whipped coconut milk or whipped cream. Just makes it into a fun creamy salad.
- Ideas: We have tried it with cherry pie filling at Christmas time (yum!) and Apple Pie Filling in the fall (another yum!), so feel free to change it up. Choose whatever fruit you wish to add and go to town.
- Chill until serving. So good!
Other great Summer Berry recipes I have: