This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothies and 5 Must See Summer Movies!
How this year has flown by so far, I have no idea. It’s Summer and that mean’s lots of family fun! I’m planning to take full advantage of all that time before September is back and we’re in school and crazy with all of that. Summer goes so fast, but I plan to make it as special as I can.
We try to get outside as much as possible, whether it’s the park, the lake, the pool or the neighborhood. We spend lots of time together in the garden too. My kids love picking my fresh fruit and vegetables for me, I think the hunt is just as fun for them. My strawberries are in abundance right now, and I just received a big box of Cantaloupe, so I wanted to use them both for Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothies. We planned to make them for a fun movie night! Thanks to our awesome Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan, I’m covered. Not only do I get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE plus but I also get a free movie on VUDU every month ($7 value) per line for just $49.88 a month! That’s nearly $100 less than I was paying for my former service. I kid you not. Plus I get a free movie. We use that for a fun family movie night! VUDU is an app that works with Roku®, Chromecast and other streaming devices.Since my daughter just graduated, she has been eyeing an upgrade to the phone she has had for the past 4 years. She was eyeing my LG G Stylo, but when she laid eyes on the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime at Walmart, she loved how pretty the phone is and she picked that one instead. That was great for my budget at only $79.92 (on rollback from $99.92). It made a great graduation gift with a gift card and we switched her over to Walmart Family Mobile PLUS so she also receives a free VUDU movie every month. And just in case you weren’t aware, if you have location services enabled on your phone, and you are in Walmart, VUDU will often send you specials and offers to get even more free or discounted movies! *SCORE* I have the VUDU app on my LG G Stylo Android Smartphone, I got from Walmart for $179.00 (Rollback from $199.00). There are plenty of options for phones from Walmart too, and right now many of them are on rollback! Now’s the time! Plus, right now for the first time ever, the Walmart Family Mobile starter kit is also on rollback for $19.88 when you sign up.So, after a little research, I found that I could actually stream the movies from my phone to my TV. We love this, because we didn’t have to purchase anything extra. It was all apps, though I also read there is a $15 cord you can buy too. We can watch any VUDU movie on our TV for family movie night, which is great! Since we love family movie night, being able to stream on a larger screen is a huge plus for us.
Our Top 5 Summer Movie Picks for Family Movie Night!
Since we make it a family movie night, and our children vary so much in age – toddler to teen, we try to pick movies that the whole family will enjoy. So here’s our favorite picks for our summer movie selection!
1. Dolphin Tale – A wonderfully inspirational movie about a dolphin who loses his tail and a determined little boy who doesn’t give up. A movie about faith, determination and friendship.
2. Finding Nemo – This movie needs no description. If you haven’t seen it, you’re seriously missing out. One of the best kids/family movies ever! Vudu ALSO has a 2D/3D version along with the original.
3. Because of Winn Dixie – Such a heart warming, sweet movie that we can’t wait to see again. It’s about family relationships, healing and the bond between a dog and it’s owner.
4. Surf’s Up – Another fun, and hilarious movie that is perfect for a summer movie night. It’s a lesson in humility and learning that the best winner’s are often the ones who don’t take first place.
5. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs – We love this movie. Such a cute movie based off the best selling book, and even my toddler will sit through the whole thing!
What is your favorite summer movie pick?
For movie snacks, we typically have popcorn, candy and some baked goods or snacks. It’s imperative we have the sweet and salty cravings taken care of, don’t you think? But since we had all the fresh fruit, we also served these delicious Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothies and they were a huge hit and kept the kids from eating too much “junk”!
Want to make your own Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothies?
Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothies
- 1 cup sliced cantaloupe
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup yogurt (any flavor, we used pineapple)
- sweetener of choice (optional, not needed)
- 1/2 cup ice (if desired)
- Blend everything together in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to this link or your local Walmart for current pricing.
What would you do with so much extra 4G LTE data? If you loved this Simply Summer Punch recipe, don’t forget – sharing is caring!