That’s right, look at that bacon. Look at the bacon goodness just wrapped around that melted cheese stuffed rolled chicken. I know, I’m a bacon addict. I eat far too much of it and don’t really care. I have’ been known to purchase several packages of bacon because I will probably eat more than half of it while the rest of it is cooking. I might have thrown in a few extra slices while this was cooking so I could eat them while I was fixing the rest of the meal.Bacon makes any savory meal just that much better. And contrary to popular belief, bacon is not just for breakfast. If that is your way of thinking, you are simply missing out on what bacon can bring to lunch or dinner! Bacon can make a meal extraordinary. Bacon is honestly like the ultimate comfort food. The rich, savory taste makes anything taste better!
Wright® Brand Bacon is currently on a mission to show people that you can use bacon for more than just breakfast and since I freely use it at ALL meals, I am happy to share an easy dinner recipe with you with my favorite ingredient! Turns out, that was easy to get on board with, since Wright® Brand Bacon is my first choice’ when strolling through the aisles of Walmart and filling my basket with the weeks groceries. First, its a much thicker cut which is great and makes it easier to use for recipes like the one here, it won’t break apart or crumble on you. Plus it comes in a 1.5 lb size and I love that, because we can extend that across three meals most of the time! This recipe is one of my families favorites. It really only takes about a half hour from start to finish, and can easily be made after work or on a busy weeknight. And it isn’t a hard meal to make more of or less of in case you want to serve it to a larger crowd. Plus you can change up the cheese in the center, serve with different vegetables, so many ways to make it your own.
Smoked Bacon Wrapped Swiss Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices Wright Brand® Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 4 ounces swiss cheese
- 1?2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1?4 teaspoon paprika
- 1?2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay your chicken flat on a cutting board and flatten using a mallet until about ¼ inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the seasonings.
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly on both sides of each piece of flattened chicken.
- Place about an ounce of Swiss cheese on each piece of chicken and roll up tightly.
- Taking a slice of Wright Brand® Naturally Hickory Smoked Bacon, wrap each chicken roll with the bacon. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Over medium heat on the stove top, brown the bacon just until it begins to crisp.
- Remove from heat, and place them on a baking pan.
- Cook for about 18-20 minutes in a 350 degree F oven or until cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wright® Brand® Bacon. All opinions are 100% my own.