I did it. I promised I would.
I promised you all a healthy, Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta for those that might not think the original is for them.
After running the original Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta recipe through a calorie counter, I was rather freaked out by the high calorie content. If you’re not counting calories, it’s probably just fine but if you are truly watching your calories or just looking to cut back on things and make them skinny or at least skinnier, this recipe is totally for you.
Now, I’ll be honest. This particular meal was a bit harder to create a healthy version. It’s not naturally a healthy, diet friendly meal – I mean it has cheese… and Alfredo. I was up to the challenge though and I really do feel like I did it. When you’re able to cut many things in half but retain the amazing flavor and texture of the original meal, you’re doing pretty good.
Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
The comparison between the two is at the bottom of the page. Be sure and check it out to see the differences in the two Chicken Cordon Bleu Pastas.
Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta – Healthy Comfort Food
A skinnier version of my original Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta... it's actually better than the original with diff. flavor.
- 1 (14oz) Box of Ronzoni Smart Taste - Thin Spaghetti
- 1 4/5 cups Perdue Short Cuts Carved Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 6 slices Farmland All Natural Shaved Ham
- 1 jar Classico - Signature Recipes Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow - Lite Creamy Swiss
- Boil pasta as directed on package. Drain.
- Microwave the chicken according to package directions (there are also skillet directions if you choose that instead).
- Slice the ham into smaller pieces. (about 1" pcs).
- Stir the jar of sauce into the pasta. I usually turn the stove on low and add about ½ cup of water with the sauce (I actually fill the jar up with ¼ cup of water, shake it hard to get ALL the sauce and then pour it all right into the pot).
- Add the chicken and ham and stir to coat with sauce.
- Add the wedges of creamy swiss and stir until melted.
- Serve & Enjoy!!
Before serving, we added some sauted red, yellow and green peppers (straight from the garden) but you can just buy them at the store! 🙂 They added a beautiful color and wonderful flavor. They are completely optional.
Here is the comparison and nutrition difference:
Old Version Per Serving:
Fiber: 3 grams
Saturated Fat: 12
Trans Fat: 0
Total Fat: 34
NEW SKINNY Version Per Serving:
Fiber: 7 grams
Saturated Fat: 5
Trans Fat: 0
Total Fat: 10