I adore Shrimp Scampi. In fact, it’s one of those things I could eat several times a week and never tire of it. But that isn’t really practical. With my busy schedule making shrimp scampi often isn’t exactly in my weeknight plans. So I came up with this Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe and it’s easy to throw together on a busy weeknight. It is truly the perfect combination of lemony goodness, with a creamy delicious sauce that coats the thinner angel hair pasta. My family doesn’t seem to be able to get enough of this, so often I have to double the recipe so my son can take another serving to work with him (he works nights), and so that Doug can take a serving to work with him the next day. And then there’s me. I work from home, so having something I can heat up quickly while I am working is a big bonus. So if you want leftovers, be sure and double the recipe. If you want just enough to serve 4, make this Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe as is as serve it with a salad. Now don’t feel like you have to use it as is, either. If your family doesn’t care for Shrimp, that’s okay, substitute chicken or another protein. Also, we use fresh shrimp we pick up from our grocery store seafood department typically HOWEVER you can use frozen uncooked (raw) shrimp. Just be sure to thaw it before use. Don’t you want this? Don’t you want a big bite of this right now? I know I am making myself hungry and craving it just by throwing this post together.
Try this delicious Easy Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe tonight!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 pound large (16-20 count) raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons minced garlic (we LOVE garlic so we use all 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup of white wine or broth
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 12 large shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
Boil pasta as directed on package. Drain and set aside.
Heat your pan on high heat. Reduce to medium heat before adding anything.
Add the butter and olive oil. Swirl in the pan until butter is melted.
Stir in the minced garlic. Saute garlic for 1 minute.
Toss the shrimp into the pan. Stir for about 1 minute.
Pour in the wine or broth and stir to coat the shrimp with your sauce.
Turn the heat back up to high and boil the sauce for about 2-3 minutes. Lay the shrimp out flat while the wine is boiling.
After 2-3 minutes, turn the shrimp over and continue cooking on high for 1 minute.
Remove the pan from the heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with parsley, lemon juice, and black pepper, and toss to combine.
25+ Best Sunday Supper Seafood Recipes
- Chili-Lime Scallops by Girl Abroad
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp by Simple and Savory
- Coconut Mahi Kale Salad with Citrus Dijon Vinaigrette by Gourmet Everyday
- Crab Cake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crab Cakes with Tartar Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Salmon Sliders by Sunday Supper Movement
- Grilled Baby Octopus by Food Lust People Love
- Manhattan Clam Chowder by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mediterranean Shrimp Bruschetta by The Weekend Gourmet
- Salmon Tartare by Caroline’s Cooking
- Smoked Salmon, Orange and Avocado Salad by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Ten Minute Sweet and Spicy Shrimp by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Cioppino by Monica’s Table
- Easy Tilapia Pomodoro Dinner by My Life Cookbook
- Frutti Di Mare by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemony Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- New Orleans Style Barbecue Shrimp by Flour On My Face
- No Fail Beer Battered Fish by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- One Pan Mustard Crusted Halibut and Vegetables by Pies and Plots
- Pecan Crusted Cod by From the Bookshelf
- Salmon Honey-Lemon Teriyaki by Asian In America
- Saucy Cod Fillets Florentine by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Scallops with Orange Butter Sauce by My savory spoon
- Seafood Fettuccine Alfredo by The Freshman Cook
- Seafood Laksa by Brunch-n-Bites
- Sheet Pan Salmon by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Shrimp Salad Sandwich by Soulfully Made
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta by Crazed Mom
- Soft Shell Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet and Sour Salmon by Cricket’s Confections
- Teriyaki Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa by Wholistic Woman
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.