I was recently looking through my stats the other day to see what things I was doing that were working and bringing traffic, and of course what weren’t. I was pleasantly surprised to find that participating in the Secret Recipe Club had done wonders for my traffic. In addition, I’ve met such wonderful people, made friends and found some great food blogs.
I just thought I’d take a moment to look back starting at the beginning of my participation in Secret Recipe Club. It’s fun to see what I was blogging back then, and which recipes I chose. I am also throwing in the couple of times I have done orphan rescue for a blog that had their person flake out on them. Because in my mind, they count.
August 22, 2011
2nd Month of SRC – August Reveal
Assigned Blog: Mom’s Crazy Cooking (and now she’s a real life friend!!)
Title: Homemade Lasagna, Poor Man’s Garlic Bread & Chocolate Camping Cake
October 24, 2011
October Orphan Rescue
Assigned Blog: The Mommy Bowl
Title: Chocolate Banana Brownies (Nut-Free, Grain-free, Vegan, Sugar-Free)
July 31, 2012
July Orphan Rescue
Assigned Blog: The Saucy Gourmet
Title: Watermelon Mango Salad with a Coconut Lime Dressing
Since I started in July of 2011, I haven’t missed a single month and I don’t plan to either. I am often asked by others why I continue to participate. Depending on the time, my answers vary widely. Here are my top reasons I love Secret Recipe Club and will continue participating.
- I love meeting new people. Secret Recipe Club affords me the opportunity not only to meet someone new every month, but also new people stop by my blog and I stop by theirs each month. I love it!
- There are so many food blogs out there, it’s hard to find them all. I love that SRC allows me to find new ones all the time!
- Why do I have a food blog? Because I love to cook. I love getting to make something every month that I’ve never made before.
- On Monday’s for each groups reveal, it is fairly easy to find dozens of recipes you’d like to try.
- It’s fun keeping a secret each month and selecting something to make off of the assigned blog.
- It’s fun finding out who had me each month, and what they picked to try from my blog.
- I love being able to help others. I hate that during the month, there are often stranded bloggers “orphans” who had a partner who forgot about them. I very much enjoy stepping up to take a recipe on that blog and yes, even last minute, and yes even more than one in a day.
- I love going to Google Images and typing in ‘secret recipe club’ and seeing 11, 800, 000 results come up and then drooling over all of the yummy Secret Recipe Club Recipes and Photos.
- I love the support and the comments my fellow SRC members leave on my blog. It’s fun to see who likes what, and who has tried what.
- The volunteers who help run SRC are undeniably some of the nicest, most supportive and helpful people involved in any group I am a part of. Thank you guys for a great year and here’s to another one!