These aren’t just great for an appetizer, they are fantastic for a breakfast side item or just as a pop in your mouth snack. My teenagers are kinda crazy about these and they love them. I won’t even pretend there is a single healthy feature to these wonderful little sausage balls, but I will tell you they are gooood!
Serve on a pretty platter on top of lettuce for a party, or just pop on a plate in the morning and serve ’em that way. It doesn’t really matter. Just know this recipe makes a lot of them, and that even with that fact, they will go fast! If you are just using them for breakfast, you can freeze the leftovers and microwave them for 2 minutes or so when you’re ready to eat them. Yum! I won’t lie, we make tons of them up ahead of time and freeze them. The kids grab 1 or 2 in the morning with their breakfast and they love them. Another trick, I use herbs and sometimes minced garlic and minced onion in them. Especially when serving for an appetizer just to make them a little healthier. I also tend to roll them into smaller balls for an appetizer and put a toothpick in them for serving. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
A great appetizer for a party or just as a side item to an everyday typical breakfast. I love that I can make them ahead of time and freeze them. The kids just adore them!
- 1 lb. pork sausage (your choice – hot, spicy, mild, etc.)
- 10 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- In your stand mixer, combine all of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Roll them into small balls.
- Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet, they expand a little bit so just keep at least ¼” to ½” in between them.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.