Welcome to our Holiday Progressive Dinner Blog Hop series! I am so excited you are joining us, and really excited to get to share this series with you!
Today’s sponsor of the Holiday Progressive Dinner Blog Hop series is Corelle.
I received the new Boutique by Corelle Cherish set to review, and I love them. So much. They are beautiful and as all Corelle dishes are perfect for everyday use, but they are also elegant enough to be used for holiday’s which is what I plan to do this holiday season.
I’ve already used them a ton, I actually love them for a lot of my food photography because they are simple, yet elegant and they photograph beautifully. I used them in this post: Caramel Nut Pumpkin Sticky Rolls with King’s Hawaiian® Dinner Rolls.
I also use them for breakfast, lunch and dinner on a somewhat regular basis. They are durable and built to last. Corelle uses a material called Vitrelle® which is what gives them their durability that Corelle is known for.
- They are microwave safe, so they are great for reheating leftovers.
- They are oven safe to 350 degrees, so you can cover a plate and throw it in the oven to reheat as well.
- They are so easy to clean, and they are safe for the dishwasher, something your fine china can’t say.
- They are compact and thin, which makes stacking really easy leaving plenty of room for other dishes.
- They are very lightweight, which is one of my favorite features. My 2 year old nephew who spends a lot of time with us, is learning to carry his plate to the table and the heavier plates are simply not an option.
I asked my teenagers what they though of them. I figure they use them just as much as I do, so their opinion matters around here.
All four girls said they love them. Their favorite features are that they aren’t heavy, they don’t burn their hands when hot food is on them and they are pretty. It was also brought up, that since the teenagers do the dishes, they liked them because when they slipped out of their hands and back into the soapy water and crashed into a glass or another dish, nothing happened. No chips, no breaks and that made their lives easier because it meant “no more mad mom because she had another broken dish”. haha This is indeed true.
Want to win your own set of Boutique by Corelle dishes?
When you’re finished checking out the recipe below, you can enter to win your own set of the new Boutique dishes from Corelle! Just scroll to the end of the post and you’ll find the rafflecopter. Good luck!
- Corelle Website: www.corelle.com
- Corelle on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CorelleDining
- Corelle on Twitter: twitter.com/WorldKitchenLLC
- Corelle on Pinterest: pinterest.com/corelle/
Let’s talk Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey & 5 Spice
Today for our Holiday Progressive Dinner Blog Hop series I am bringing the side dish, and I have chosen Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and 5 Spice.
We make sweet potatoes with every holiday meal, and while I typically choose a simple Sweet Potato Casserole, this year will be different. At Easter time, I decided to make these amazing Roasted Sweet Potatoes and seasoned them up a bit with five spice because I love the flavor and it only enhances the pure flavor of roasted sweet potato. The honey is drizzled over, so the flavor still shines through with limited added sweetness.
- 8 sweet potatoes, sliced
- ⅓ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 3 teaspoons of five spice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a single layer in two 13×9 dishes.
- Drizzle the oil and then the honey across the tops of the sweet potato slices.
- Sprinkle the five spice on top.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the recipes in today’s progressive dinner!
Cheese Fondue at The Gunny Sack
Roast Turkey and Mashed Potatoes with Turkey Gravy at Busy-at-Home
Grandma’s Cranberry Salad at Adventures in All Things Food
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Five Spice at Daily Dish Recipes
Vanilla Bean Cheesecake at Flour on My Face