Welcome to Week 6 of our Holiday Progressive Dinner!
I am so excited you are joining us once again for our Holiday Progressive Dinner. I hope you have already checked out the previous weeks we’ve done, but just in case you missed any, here’s a recap:
- Week 1 – Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey & 5 Spice
- Week 2 – Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad
- Week 3 – Pumpkin Spice Profiteroles With Warm Cranberry Red Wine Compote
- Week 4 – Antipasto Kebabs
- Week 5 – Potluck Corn, Black Bean & Cilantro Salsa Dip for a Crowd
- Week 6 – This one!
The best part is, that if you visit each one, you have a complete holiday meal at each one, plus they stand alone as a complete holiday meal. That’s a lot of holiday meals to choose from.
Today’s sponsor of the Holiday Progressive Dinner Blog Hop series is Silpat®. I adore Silpat!
If you’ve never used a Silpat® Non Stick Baking Mat, you don’t know what you’re missing out on. Silpat® is honestly designed for every type of oven, and can be used with just about any recipe you can think of. From a wonderful, savory dish to sweet, soft and moist cookies, Silpat® provides even heat transfer to anything you’re making.
The thing I love the most is that nothing sticks to them. I have tried so many different recipes with a Silpat Baking Sheet and I have never had a single item overcook or get stuck, it really does work well to keep everything cooking the same way. Plus, they can be easily cleaned using your kitchen sponge. They wipe clean most of the time, but don’t hesitate to put them right into the sink and use some water to get them a little extra clean. Gentle soap is okay and you should allow them to air dry. They have so many different uses and there is a size for every job!
Want to win your own Silpat?
When you’re finished checking out the recipe below, you can enter to win your own Silpat Baking Mat! Just scroll to the end of the post and you’ll find the rafflecopter. Good luck!
Now Let’s talk about this amazing Roasted Beef Tenderloin with a Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce
Today for our 6th week, I am bringing the main dish. I selected this delicious Roasted Beef Tenderloin, served with a wonderful Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce.
This is simply one of those main dish recipes that makes any holiday special. And it’s wonderful anytime of year, or any time you just feel like celebrating. My kids often request it on a birthday or just because.
- 1 beef tenderloin roast, 2-3lbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 c heavy cream
- ¼ lb Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim off the excess fat on your tenderloin roast with a sharp knife.
- Tie with butcher’s twine to help the roast keep its shape.
- Remove the silver skin from the roast.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Rub over roast to coat.
- In a large skillet heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the tenderloin roast on all sides in the hot oil.
- Transfer the seared tenderloin roast to a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and transfer the meat to a cutting board and cover with some tin foil. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before commencing slicing.
- Slice and arrange on platter.
- Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter.
- Saute the shallots until tender.
- Pour in the heavy cream and allow to reduce by half.
- When reduced, turn the heat to low, and add the Gorgonzola cheese, stirring until it melts completely.
- Add the pepper and mix well.
- Season with a pinch of salt if desired
- Serve slices of tenderloin with Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce drizzled on top.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the recipes in today’s progressive dinner!
Holiday Progressive Dinner Week 6 Recipe Links
Hot Artichoke Spinach Dip & Rosemary Appetizer Wreath
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
at Daily Dish Recipes
Rosemary Potato Rolls
at Adventures in All Things Food
Easy Crock-Pot Green Beans
at Flour on My Face
Pumpkin Silk Pie
at The Gunny Sack
It’s time for the giveaway!