This Roasted Beef Tenderloin with a Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce is one of my favorite recipes to make for just about any holiday meal, and sometimes just because. It is not a difficult recipe and is so incredibly flavorful! The Roasted Beef Tenderloin is so juicy and tender and is made even better with the Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce. I just can’t say enough about this recipe. Oh, and one more thing? Use a Certified Angus Beef® brand roast and you can’t go wrong!
Now Let’s talk about this amazing Roasted Beef Tenderloin with a Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce
Today I’m providing you with this awesome main dish. I selected this delicious Roasted Beef Tenderloin, served with a wonderful Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce because the holidays are right around the corner and it’s perfect for that!
This is simply one of those main dish recipes that makes any holiday special. And it’s wonderful anytime of year, or any time you just feel like celebrating. My kids often request it on a birthday or just because.
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce + Silpat Review
For the Tenderloin Roast
- 1 Certified Angus Beef® brand beef tenderloin roast, 2-3lbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/4 lb Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of salt, to taste
For the Tenderloin Roast:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Trim off the excess fat on your tenderloin roast with a sharp knife.
- Tie with butcher's twine to help the roast keep its shape.
- Remove the silver skin from the roast.
- In a bowl, mix together the oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Rub over roast to coat.
- In a large skillet heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown the tenderloin roast on all sides in the hot oil.
- Transfer the seared tenderloin roast to a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and transfer the meat to a cutting board and cover with some tin foil. Allow to stand for 15 minutes before commencing slicing.
- Slice and arrange on platter.
For the Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce:
- Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt the butter.
- Saute the shallots until tender.
- Pour in the heavy cream and allow to reduce by half.
- When reduced, turn the heat to low, and add the Gorgonzola cheese, stirring until it melts completely.
- Add the pepper and mix well.
- Season with a pinch of salt if desired
- Serve slices of tenderloin with Gorgonzola Pepper Cream Sauce drizzled on top.