This Ranch BLT Sandwich is AMAZING! It’s like a Salad in a Sandwich!
Who’s hungry? Sometimes you just need an easy recipe for lunch. This Ranch BLT sandwich is a wonderful summer lunch – doesn’t require a ton of heat and is delicious and loaded with great veggies. The other thing I love about this, is that you can change it up and make it what you want. Perfect for us!
It’s hot. I mean, it’s really hot. It’s not even comfortable just going from the car to a location. It’s miserable. And the midwest is in the middle of a drought. I’ve never really cared whether it rained or not, but here I am hoping and wishing for some of that wet stuff to fall from the sky. It would cool it off, the farmers maybe wouldn’t lose their crops and perhaps we could come out of this declared disaster situation. It’s been fun. Not.
My garden hasn’t suffered much, because I am out there daily, sometimes twice a day watering it. And I will keep doing that. In fact, I don’t normally flood my garden, but I’ve been doing that lately. My tomatoes are thrilled. I however, am not.
We’ve been making these sandwiches for years, but until yesterday I hadn’t ever considered putting it on my blog. Why? Well – who doesn’t know how to make a BLT sandwich right? But then I got to thinking – we don’t make them like a normal BLT sandwich, which makes it shareworthy in my book. So you’re seeing it, in all it’s glory.
- 2 pcs. of bread, your choice and toasted
- 1-2 Tbs. ranch dressing (we use the homemade kind)
- 2 strips of bacon (or if you’re like me, you add all the broken pieces too!)
- 1-2 Tbs. shredded cheese
- 2 pcs. of lettuce
- 1 slice of tomato (or more if you can fit it!)
- 1 whole slice of onion, cut into strips
- 1 slice of green pepper
- 2-3 pcs. of baby spinach
- Toast up your bread. Microwave the bacon (I do this because I’m not heating anything extra in the summer). TIP: If you want to keep the bacon straight and flat, when you put the bacon on the plate, cover with a paper towel and then place another plate on top to press down on it. Yes it works, usually requiring no extra time.
- Once your bread is toasted, layer the ingredients on the bread, starting with the ranch dressing. I spread the ranch on both sides and usually sprinkle a little pepper on each side also.
- Top with the remaining ingredients, smoosh down a little and eat! Yum!
See, I told you it wasn’t the typical BLT sandwich and my friend Jen is probably laughing since I added Ranch (because I add Ranch to everything) but I added Ranch because I really truly wanted to make this BLT sandwich more like a salad on a sandwich and I think I did!