What a fall treat! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are a great morning treat or a mid afternoon pick me up!
It’s hard to believe this is the last Secret Recipe Club Group A reveal day for the year. I am not clear on where exactly 2014 went, and I am sure I will rant more about that another time, but it’s true. It’s almost over and we’re staring down the face of 2015. It’s kinda crazy.
But to celebrate this last 2014 Group A reveal day, I decided to stick with a simple recipe, but for something I love. In fact, the blog I was assigned this month had so many delicious choices, that picking wasn’t the easiest, but I finally settled on these fabulous Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
This month, the blog assigned to me was A Fit and Spicy Life run by Mellissa, a city girl who married a country boy and compromised on the sort of suburbs with 2 dogs and a few acres. Sounds pretty heavenly to me. I am absolutely in love with her dogs Tanner & Clifford. Their sweet faces. I want to give them kisses and hugs and snuggle with them. And I will continue to talk about these dogs if I don’t revert back to her food, so let’s shift back a bit. Finding a recipe on Mellissa’s blog was not an easy task, because she has dozens and dozens of fabulous recipes that sound AMAZING!
On our list to try:
- Quinoa and Spinach Salad with Smoked Paprika Vinaigrette
- Mushroom Risotto
- Flank Steak with Balsamic Mushrooms
- Blood Orange Olive Oil Cake (OMG!)
After a bit, we finally settled on these amazing Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are soft, moist and scream fall. Our family goes a little pumpkin crazy in the Fall, so these were a welcome addition to our arsenal of fun Fall pumpkin recipes. They were a HUGE hit for breakfast with some coffee! Yum! Thank you Mellissa, and we love how you healthified them. (we sub’d coconut oil for both the oil & the applesauce and they were FABULOUS!)
So, if you’re looking for something that scream Fall, tastes delicious, compliments your morning coffee and still won’t make you feel bad for eating a few extra’s, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are IT!
Ready to make your own Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins #MuffinMonday
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 c. coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tins with a bit of non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat together the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla in a mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl
- Add the flour mixture in ⅓’s to the wet ingredients
- Add half the milk and pumpkin and beat until combined. Add the rest of the milk and pumpkin.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Add batter to muffin tins until about ⅔ full
- Bake for 20 minutes