Are you ready for a wonderfully flavorful Potluck Corn Black Bean and Cilantro Salsa Dip for a Crowd? This is the perfect appetizer for nearly any occasion. It’s budget friendly and great for feeding a large crowd!
Welcome to Week 5 of our Holiday Progressive Dinner!
I am so excited you are joining us again, and hope you’ve already checked out the previous weeks, but if you haven’t… here’s a recap:
Today’s sponsor of the Holiday Progressive Dinner Blog Hop series is Crockpot. And not just ordinary old crockpot. Nope.
Have you seen this awesome Crock-Pot Hook Up Connectable Entertaining System. Seriously for a family of our size and the fact that we love to entertain… it’s just the perfect solution!
I received the metallic copper and I just love the color, it looks great in my kitchen and just looks great in any situation. But there are 4 colors total: Metallic Sage, Metallic Black, Metallic Copper and Metallic Blue. Something for every kitchen. I used them immediately when I got them, and you will see plenty of these babies in several upcoming recipes, but specifically the last week of our Progressive Dinner has a recipe made specially to go with these wonderful crock-pots!
Every person that has seen my system all set up when they come to my house, has almost immediately asked where I got it and how they can get some. While you can run to the store and get your own set of this must have kitchen entertaining system, you also have a chance to win some below. More on that in a moment.
So let’s talk about the system. My absolute favorite part of this whole set is the fact that it is ONE outlet. ONE. And the three pieces connect together, but they have the ability to hold 6 using only ONE single outlet! Seriously, in my kitchen that’s like divine intervention right there. They are simply designed to be fully customizable and work any way you need them to.
The smaller double oval crocks are perfect for dips, sauces and small appetizers. The 2-quart round crock is perfect for side dishes, soups, stews and chilis. The 3.5-quart oval crock is perfect for the main course. With the ability to add three more, you have everything you need for a full meal for entertaining. Let’s learn a little more.
- They have a High, Low and Warm setting.
- The interior removable stoneware and glass lids are dishwasher-safe.
- They stack on top of each other for easy storage.
- The cord is designed to pull out for use with standard outlets and easily stores inside the base when you are actually connecting multiple units together.
- Beautiful color choices that look great for entertaining
Want to win your own Crock-Pot Hook Up Connectable Entertaining System?
When you’re finished checking out the recipe below, you can enter to win your own Crock-Pot Hook Up Connectable Entertaining System! Just scroll to the end of the post and you’ll find the rafflecopter. Good luck!
- Crock-Pot: www.crock-pot.com/search?q=hook%20ups
- Crock-Pot on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CrockPot
- Crock-Pot on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CrockPotMixes
- Crock-Pot on Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/crockpot
Let’s talk this awesome Potluck Corn, Black Bean & Cilantro Salsa Dip for a Crowd
Today for our 5th week, I am bringing a GREAT potluck dish. I have chosen Corn, Black Bean and Cilantro Salsa Dip for a Crowd.
We are always feeding a crowd, and I need an inexpensive option to feed so many people. After all, my family alone accounts for 7 people, so you know… we can put a HUGE dent in any recipe. haha
This is easy to make, tastes great and is a huge hit.
Potluck Corn, Black Bean & Cilantro Salsa Dip for a Crowd + Crock-pot #Giveaway
The perfect dip recipe to feed a large crowd.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 (3.8 ounce) cans of Mario Olives, Black, Sliced - 3.8 oz
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of diced tomatoes, drained (for more flavor, choose a flavored variety)
- 1 cup of red or white onion (about a medium onion), finely chopped
- 1 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips, for Serving
- In a very large bowl, combine the corn, black beans, olives, diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro and peppers. Toss well.
- In a separate bowl, combine together the sour cream, mayo, red wine vinegar, cumin, chili powder and garlic powder. Combine well.
- Toss the sour cream mixture with the corn and black beans mixture gently, until coated.
- Serve with homemade tortilla chips.
- Can be refrigerated covered tightly for up to 5 days.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the recipes in today’s progressive dinner!
Holiday Progressive Dinner Week 5 Recipe Links
Potluck Dishes to Get You through the Holiday Rush
Crock Pot Meatballs and Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
Famous Dirt Dip
at Adventures in All Things Food
Easy Apple & Cranberry Compote
at Flour on My Face
Potluck Corn and Black Bean & Cilantro Salsa Dip for a Crowd
at Daily Dish Recipes
at The Gunny Sack