This is one of my kids favorite meals. It’s so easy to throw together and most of the time uses stuff I have on hand, so it’s the type of casserole you can literally throw together quickly or at the last minute.
This recipe can be made with 5 ingredients or less. I usually add some garlic and onion to the tomato sauce, a little salt & pepper to taste, but those ingredients are not necessary to make this taste great on it’s own. It also depends on if you use spaghetti sauce or regular tomato sauce. If I use spaghetti sauce, I purchase one with flavors already.
Our family is big (seven of us), so we make a huge casserole dish full. Not just a 9×13 but I’ve adapted this recipe to fit a regular 9×13 so you can make it for your smaller family. You can also double the recipe and make as much as we did. Fit in 2 casserole dishes and you have one you can freeze or give to a friend!
Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
This Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Casserole is a family favorite that’s easy and delicious and quick to throw together.
- 8 oz. cooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar (24 oz.) of spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8oz.) container of light sour cream
- 2-3 cups of mozzarella cheese (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 pkg of pepperoni (you'll use about 1/4-1/2 of it)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- If you haven’t already cooked your pasta, do that now. Once it’s cooked and drained, put it in a 9×13 glass casserole dish.
- In a bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce and the sour cream. If you are wanting this to be 5 ingredients or less, stop here. But if you want to add some garlic, onion, spices & seasonings – add to the spaghetti sauce/sour cream combo now. We also add about ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Mix the sauce into the noodles in the dish.
- Cover with half the Mozzarella cheese you are planning to use. (we use a LOT of cheese)
- Layer the entire top of the casserole with pepperoni slices.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese across the top.
- Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- If you make this to freeze, prepare as directed but DO NOT put in the oven. Cover and freeze. When ready to bake, remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes uncovered.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Who’s hungry for a Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti Casserole?