The first time I had these was about 10 years ago at a home demonstration party. I had no idea what they were ahead of time, but I’m always game to try some new food. I popped one in my mouth, and yummy! Of course, you do have to love green olives to enjoy this recipe, but they are SO good! Not only are they easy but they look great among other appetizers and they definitely have the appearance of looking much harder to make than they actually are. Dress them up, dress them down – but watch them go fast!
Olive Balls Recipe
- Jar of green olives (it's up to you if you choose with pimentos or not)
- Can of plain or cheese crescent rolls
- melted butter (if desired)
- garlic powder (if desired)
- rosemary (if desired)
- Drain the jar of olives removing as much moisture as possible from the outsides of the olives (juices still on the inside are perfectly okay).
- Open the can of crescent rolls, take two crescent triangles and pinch two of the perforated edges of the crescent triangles together to form large rectangles. If the can makes eight crescent rolls, you should wind up with four large rectangles.
- Cut them into 1 inch squares.
- Take one olive and put it in the center of one of the dough squares. Wrap the dough around the olive in a ball shape.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the rolls are browned. Serve while warm.
- To dress them up a step further, consider brushing some melted butter over the top and then adding a pinch of garlic and a pinch of rosemary before serving.
These are super easy and fast appetizers and you’ll be surprised at how fast they are gone.