The holidays always bring up memories of long time family traditions and experiences. Some of our favorite family traditions revolve around baking. I love being in the kitchen (obviously) but at holiday time it’s even more therapeutic but mostly just very nostalgic and evokes loads of memories. We made these Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes today to share while we talk about memories.
Nestle Toll House seems to always make baking and recipes easier at holiday time. Since so much of what I make is given away as gifts to neighbors, friends and family (and occasionally the random stranger, because yeah, I’m that nut) I love anything that is designed to make my life a little simpler.
I have certain recipes I make every single year. For some reason these Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes are ALWAYS a big hit, but this year I took them just a step beyond with new Nestle Toll House Delightfulls Baking Morsels. Chocolate and Peanut Butter go hand in hand, and is probably one of my top favorite flavor combinations. That’s why I was thrilled when I saw that there were Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Baking Morsels, and I knew exactly what I intended to do with them.
DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels bring you a new and exciting way to bake! They come in 4 delicious flavors and are slightly larger than a regular morsel. I love them because they allow me to put a special twist on traditional recipes like a cookie or a brownie, or inspire me to create a wide variety of fun and new recipes! The DelightFulls filled morsels hold their shape when they bake, and can be used whole, cut in half, or coarsely chopped for a surprising delight of flavor and color in a baked good. And I won’t lie, there may or may not have been some serious sneaking of them while baking. You know, I may or may not have popped a few straight into my mouth of a delightful, sinfully chocolate and peanut butter, melt in my mouth, taste.
Each bag of Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels is 9 ounces. Making it easy for me to use them on more than one recipe, which I loved.
The four delicious flavors of Nestle Toll House Delightfulls Baking Morsels are:
- Milk Chocolate Morsels with Caramel Filling
- Milk Chocolate Morsels with Peanut Butter Filling
- Dark Chocolate Morsels with Mint Filling
- Dark Chocolate Morsels with Cherry Flavored Filling
And yep, I bought ALL four bags, because I knew I’d use them up in my holiday baking recipes, no problem. They are ALL amazing!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of Nestle Toll House Peanut Butter Filled Delightfulls
For Peanut Butter Filling/Frosting
- 1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the Nestle Toll House Peanut Butter Filled Delightfulls together until moist and well blended.
- Gently fold in the Delightfulls.
- Spoon batter into paper cups inside muffin tin and bake for 18-22 minutes at 350 degrees F or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completed before filling or adding frosting.
Peanut Butter Filling/Frosting:
- Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer.
- Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable.
- Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.
Many thanks to Nestle Toll House for sponsoring today’s story and encouraging me to use new DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels in my recipes!