Montana Man has left the building. He flew back to Montana this morning. Actually, he flew to Portland, to meet up with his sister who lives in Vancouver, WA. They are driving the 11 hours to Montana.
Unfortunately, it is not a vacation for either of them. Their step father passed away, and they are going for a week to help out, work out the arrangements and be with their mother. While I have talked to Montana man’s mom on the phone several times in the past 3 1/2 years, I have not had the pleasure of meeting her.
Deep down, I wanted to travel with him, but I knew in my heart, that it was not the way I wanted our first face-to-face meeting to go.
So the six of us are on our own until the 15th. Plans include:
- Cleaning the house – you know – dusting, sweeping, mopping and organizing as much as possible.
- Making a meal plan for the next 7 days, and then running out to get what we still need.
- Making some Halloween treats – just because we can.
- Possibly a trip out to Purina Farms if the weather cooperates.
- Give the dogs a bath before it just gets to darn cold.
- A few other things too… we shall see.
This is only the second time that Montana man has been out of town away from all of us. Last time went well, so I am hoping this time we do great too. Interestingly last time he flew to Portland also – only it was for work. hehe