Menu planning is such a functional way for my family to co-exist harmoniously with meal time. Otherwise its sheer and utter chaos. I didn’t stick to my meal plan from last week a whole lot because it was SO hot that we just didn’t feel like heating the oven up. This week I tried to keep that in mind while planning.
We have fife & drum practice, quick – easy Monday night dinner is always a necessity.
- Hamburgers & Hot Dogs
- French Fries
- Apple Slices
- Poached Egg on Toast with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon and Avocado
- Picky Kids will eat leftovers.
- This will be paired with fresh fruit.
- Grilled Chicken Breast with Tomato Basil Butter (we’re going to try this one again, because last week we didn’t have it due to the heat. I might prepare it in the early morning and then reheat around dinner time.)
- Spicy Potato Wedges
- Sweet Cornbread (by request of 4 of my 5 kids)
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Over Pasta
- Spinach Salad
- Sauteed Veggies
- We will be eating at Truman State University because we will finally be picking up our 14 year old from college
- Fast Food of Some Kind - maybe Pizza. We will be getting home so late Saturday afternoon I am sure I won’t feel like cooking.
- Simple Summer Supper (because it was such a huge hit last night, I can’t wait to do it again this weekend!)
- Homemade Bread Rolls
- Pineapple Slices