Look friends! Another popsicle recipe. Yep, I’m totally on a kick, can you tell?
There are two times a month I tend to get really excited over something small. I can’t help it, it’s fun. One of those days is the day I get an email from Secret Recipe Club with my new blog assignment for the month. I love the secret nature of it all. I go straight to the blog and start perusing the recipes and acquainting myself with the blogger. It’s fun to choose a recipe off the blog each month.
The second time I get super excited is on reveal day, and today is that day for me.
This month, the blog I was assigned was bcmom’s kitchen.
I finally chose this delicious Lemonade Yogurt Popsicle recipe, because I’ve been on a popsicle making kick lately. It’s summer after all. And it’s hot. Plus I have an overabundance of Lemons in my fridge that I needed to use up along with tons of Chobani Greek Yogurt (thank you Chobani for the “thank you” shipment).
A couple of weeks ago at the Food & Wine Conference in Orlando, I received some packets of All Natural Pure Via Stevia to try and so I decided to use some in this recipe. I did put the sugar equivalent in case you just want standard sugar, but Pure Via was nice in this. There was really no flavor change at all.
And now… the Lemonade Yogurt Popsicles…
- 1-1/3 cups Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 Pure Via Stevia Packets (1 packet = 2 teaspoons of sugar)
- 6 slices of lemon, seeds removed (optional)
- In a blender, blend the Vanilla Chobani Yogurt with the fresh squeezed lemon juice, the zest of the lemon and the pure via stevia packets.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into your popsicle molds and finish off with a slice of lemon… just tuck it down inside there.
- Insert sticks and freeze for at least 3 hours, but overnight is best, it won’t melt as fast.
- When ready to serve, dip your popsicle mold into hot water to release the popsicles.
What’s your favorite flavor of popsicle?