This super easy Kool aid cake or cupcake recipe is really yummy and the best part is, you can use any flavor that you want. You can use a color or colors to go along with a holiday or a flavor that sounds especially appealing or is seasonal. It’s just like using pudding mix in a cake.
The fun in it, is that you can use any flavor combination you want to get delicious results and it takes the same amount of time as it would any normal cupcakes or cake. Make it in layers with a fun flavor in the middle and then top with another flavor. We have so much fun with these.
Kool Aid Cake or Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) white or yellow cake mix (I have not tried this with a chocolate cake mix, but I would imagine with certain flavors it would be good!)
- ¼ c. KOOL-AID Sugar-Sweetened Soft Drink Mix (any flavor, we used lemon for this one)
- Prepare the cake mix as directed on the box. When you are ready to beat the batter, add the Kool-aid packet and then beat as you would. Bake as directed on the cake mix box.
- When the cake or cupcakes have cooled, you can make your own frosting with the Kool-Aid too.
- Purchase white icing/frosting and add one (2oz) package to the whole canister of icing. Mix well and then frost.
- Yield: Check the box. Usually 24 cupcakes or one 8″ or 9″ cake.
Let me know if you make it, and what you think of it. This is a great recipe for the kids to make too, and you can even use different colors and swirl them together for flavor overload! I love it because it is a fast summer recipe and you wind up with a delicious Kool Aid Cake or Kool Aid Cupcakes. They are the type of dessert that is just fun, summery and perfect to change up for anything. Have you made these?
You can find more great desserts by checking out my Desserts Index. There’s even pictures. haha