Key Lime Cookies
These cookies are both sweet and tart, and so incredibly soft and moist. My son adores Key Lime anything and I was looking for a Key Lime cookie recipe that he would enjoy and that was easy to put together. Something he could make himself if he wanted to.
This recipe is pretty much it. It was originally a lemon sugar cookie recipe that has been adapted for Key Lime’s instead.
It is not necessary to refrigerate the dough before using, but I will tell you I have had better flavor and consistency results when refrigerating for about an hour.
This post is for the letter K, but then I was staring at it, and since I have already posted every day of the month, I am cheating and using it for K and L. haha I know probably not officially the right way to do it, but it’s what it is and what it will be. The challenge is to post everyday. The sub challenge is the alphabet. I’ve succeeded in the main challenge, I need a little work with the sub challenge lately, and am just feeling a little overwhelmed with other stuff.
Key Lime Cookies
Tart, sweet, soft, moist. A cookie with key lime flavor in every bite.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray your cookie sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar and eggs until creamy (looks like really creamy butter). Add the lime juice and grated lime peel.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until moistened.
- For best results refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour, but it's not necessary, and can be made immediately.
- For the dough into balls and place on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to rest on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to continue cooling.
- Sift powdered sugar over the tops of the cookies. Serve.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
Honestly, mine are just plain old ooey gooey Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Check out my other recipes posted for the A-Z Challenge:
K – Key Lime Cookies
L – Lemon Donuts
N – Italian Nachos