It’s hard to believe that summer is already around the corner, but I am so ready. Summer means trips to the pool, working in my garden, frozen treats and most importantly grilling weather. We’ve already broken out the grill a couple of times, and one of those times we made these delicious KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Grilled Shrimp Kabobs.
I was able to incorporate all of my favorite things into this recipe. Shrimp is a must on the BBQ grill, but then add some delicious Garden fresh Bell Peppers, brush with some KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce, sprinkle with some seasonings and grill until perfect. We served ours over a delicious bed of garlic and herb rice pilaf.
And that BBQ sauce isn’t any ordinary BBQ sauce, it’s KC Masterpiece® and it’s the best. I’m a St. Louis girl, and we love our BBQ sauce and I can tell you right now, that KC Masterpiece® is the BBQ sauce of choice around here.
The makers of KC Masterpiece are excited to celebrate the brands 35th anniversary with a limited-edition anniversary sauce. KC Masterpiece® was created by Dr. Rich Davis – a physician and barbecue aficionado – in Kansas City in 1978 and won “Best Sauce” at the first ever American Royal Barbecue sauce competition.
Bloggers have gathered together and created recipes with the brand to spread awareness of the anniversary sauce, KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce, which is available in “heartland” markets and pays tribute to the original “Blue Ribbon” blend.
Get your grill going (I recommend using Kingsford Charcoal for the easiest light and best overall even cooking!) and make some of these today. You won’t be sorry.
KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Grilled Shrimp Kabobs #KCMasterpiece
- 4 Skewers
- 12 Large or Extra Large Shrimp, peeled, de-veined, tail on.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, sugar and cayenne pepper. In your blender or a food processor, process the bacon until it turns into a smooth paste, about 30-60 seconds, scraping down the sides. (it looks very unappealing but the flavor it brings is amazing!). Brush the shrimp with the thick paste. Some areas will get more than others, this is ok, just get as much as you can on there. Next, toss the shrimp into the spice mixture and toss to coat. Thread your shrimp and bell peppers onto skewers. If you use wood skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes before using to keep them from burning.
- Fire up the grill. Brush all the shrimp AND the bell peppers with loads of KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce. Reserve some to continue brushing as they cook.
- Grill the Kabobs over the grill, turning frequently (every 2-3 minutes), until they are well cooked and slightly charred. (5-6 minutes or so)
- Brush the top surface of the kabobs with more KC Masterpiece® Kansas City Classic barbecue sauce. Flip and cook until the sauce is browned in spots, about 1-2 minutes. Continue cooking until browned in spots and cooked through, another t 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Serve by themselves or over a bed of rice
KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce has been delivering authentic barbecue taste and creating culinary masterpieces for 35 years. For more recipe ideas, tips and tricks visit www.KCMasterpiece.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece®. The opinions and text are all mine.