K is for Kiwi, no doubt. It is also for Key Lime which I didn’t feel like working with. So Kiwi it was. We went for a Kiwi Tropical Smoothie loaded with great tropical fruit and of course Kiwi!
Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
I did have a moment of thinking I’d do some kind of post about the kitchen – maybe cool kitchen designs I like. Or maybe my favorite gadgets in the kitchen. Yeah, I thought that was kinda boring and it was kinda hot this afternoon so smoothie it was. Kiwi Tropical Smoothie to stick with the ‘K’ theme.
I had never made a Kiwi Smoothie before. In fact, I wasn’t sure what would taste good with it, but I knew I wanted it to be very tropical. (Can you tell I’m ready for summer?!) So ready for summer!
Tropical Kiwi Smoothie
I love smoothies and this tropical kiwi smoothie was delicious and refreshing – the perfect way to cool off when life gets too hot.
- 4 kiwi
- 1 mango
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 C. pineapple juice
- 1/2 C. coconut milk (but you can use regular milk)
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3-4 Tbs. agave syrup (or honey) for sweetness
- 1 1/2 c. ice
- Cut and slice up all the fruit and place it in your food processor. Blend. Add the pineapple juice, coconut milk, vanilla and agave syrup. Blend again.
- Add the ice and pulse until ice is blended as desired. Add ice if needed. Serve with a slice of fruit on the edge.
My kids and I decided to concoct our own tropical smoothie using Kiwi, papaya, bananas and pineapple (juice) and it turned out AMAZING! There is nothing more delicious than this Kiwi Tropical Smoothie!
Previous A-Z Entries:
- A – Avocado Fries with Garlic Lime Chili Aioli
- B – Bacon Popcorn
- C – Chicken Kiev with a Twist
- D – Basil Dip
- E – Real Chocolate Eclair Cupcakes
- F – Melted Brie and Bacon on Grilled Flatbread
- G – Grilled Avocado and Egg Melt Sandwich
- H – Spicy Jack Bacon Jalapeno Hamburgers
- I – Italian Beef Risotto
- J – Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- K – Kiwi Tropical Smoothie
- L – Creamy Pesto Linguine with Shrimp
- M – Nutella Breakfast Muffins