Why would I not choose Jalapeno Poppers for my Letter J for the Blogging A to Z Challenge? I seem to use Jalapeno’s for the letter J every year. Obviously either I’m not creative or I really love Jalapeno’s. (It’s the second one, btw) Last year I made these delicious Spicy Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs and the previous year, I made these Quick and Easy Jalapeno Poppers (different from these, and the photos made me cringe lol, my how things have changed – I still love a good close up shot, but man oh man… those need to be redone haha)
These fun Jalapeno Poppers are seriously spicy and delicious and have… drumroll please … only THREE ingredients.
When I did my Blueberry Philadelphia Cream Cheese Parfaits in conjunction with Social Fabric/Collective Bias and Philadelphia Cream Cheese, I picked up a few extra tubs of flavored cream cheese in hopes that the Chive and Onion would be the PERFECT addition to these Jalapeno Poppers I had in the works. And oh my goodness was it ever. Now, you can use regular cream cheese, but if you want these to have a little extra kick and flavor, go with the flavored tub. No joke!
Jalapeno Poppers - Three Ingredient Recipes
- 4 oz. of Philadelphia Chive and Onion cream cheese, softened
- 6 jalapeno's, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 4 slices bacon
- Heat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- Grab some toothpicks and soak them in a bowl of warm water. This will prevent any forest fires (or oven fires for that matter). You're going to use the toothpicks to hold the whole concoction together. Don't try to skip it, I promise the results will be messy.
- Spoon the Chive and Onion Cream Cheese into the jalapeno's, filling evenly.
- Cut your strips of bacon into thirds. Wrap a piece of bacon around each stuffed jalapeno half; secure in place with a water soaked toothpick.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the jalapenos are soft.
- Serve them warm, they are so much better that way!
Check out what else I’ve made for the 2014 Blogging A to Z Challenge:
- A – Avocado Chocolate Mousse (two ingredients)
- B – Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream (two ingredients)
- C – Italian Crockpot Chicken (two ingredients)
- D – DIY Dog Treats (two ingredients)
- E – Easy Strawberry Fudge (two ingredients) And I was lazy, I combined E &F)
- F – This can either be the one above it or the one below it. 😉
- G – Ghirardelli Gluten-Free Flourless Chocolate Cake (three ingredients)
- H – Hospital (haha I was sick as a dog!) Just use your imagination here.
- I – Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream Bread (two ingredients)
- J – Jalapeno Poppers (three ingredients)