Posted by Dailydishrecipes.comhttps://dailydishrecipes.com/honeysuckle-iced-tea/
© 2017 Daily Dish Recipes. All rights reserved.
Honeysuckle Iced Tea
cups of honeysuckle flowers - the golden or yellow ones but not wilted. White aren't quite ready yet and wilted yellow don't have enough nectar left.
Plus water for
Honey, Sugar, Stevia - Sweetener to taste.
- Rinse flowers with cold water.
- Remove the green bulb part at the bottom of the flowers if it is still there. Do not pull out the stamen.
- In a large pot, boil 2 cups of water on the stovetop. Once the water is at a full boil, turn off the heat and dump the flowers into the water.
- Stir the flowers gently and then place a lid on your pot and allow the flowers to steep for at least ONE hour, but I highly recommend a few more for a stronger flavor.
- Strain the honeysuckle flowers and debris out of the water to remove all of the flower petals and allow to cool.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for a week in an airtight container, but is best when served immediately.
- Fill a large glass with ice. Pour the honeysuckle water over the ice. Sweeten with desired sweetener. Adjust taste by adding water if too strong. Enjoy!