Ah, St. Patrick’s Day. In our world, it’s just another holiday because we aren’t Irish (which is sad on its own). In fact, all we usually do is go to the St. Patrick’s Day parade in our town. The cool part is, this year my kids are in our St. Patrick’s Day parade. So we have a busy day that day, but we’re excited. Don’t worry, there will be pictures.
This Week’s Cravings theme is St. Patrick’s Day and while we make lots of yummy Irish dishes, I decided to stick to something sweet and dessert like – plus it’s green, it’s super yummy and it fits. Grasshopper Cheesecake. Minty, Creamy deliciousness.
- 6 Mint Oreo Cookies, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of melted butter
- 1 (8 oz) package of softened cream cheese
- ½ cup crushed or chopped Mint Chocolate Peppermint Patties (we used York)
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- ½ tsp. green food coloring
- 1 (8 oz) container of whipped topping (room temp)
- whipped topping
- Creme De Menthe Syrup
- chocolate shavings
- chopped peppermint patties
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter together with the crushed mint oreo cookies. Get your glasses and divide the cookie mixture between two glasses. Push the mixture down into the glasses to form the crust. Put them in the fridge while you are making the rest of the ingredients. (about 10 minutes or so)
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth. Add the mint extract and green food coloring and mix to combine. Fold in the peppermint patties.
- Remove the glasses from the fridge.
- Spoon the filling on top of the oreo cookie crust. Sometimes I use my pastry bag to fill it so it looks pretty, but when we made these I didn’t care how “pretty” they looked. haha Cover them with some plastic wrap and put them back in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before you serve them. This allows the flavors to marry each other and the cheesecake to firm up a bit.
- As an optional finish, add some whipped cream and then garnish with crumbled peppermint patties or more mint oreos and creme de menthe syrup (found with the ice cream toppings).
- 3/19/2012 Week # 73 CHOCOLATE – CHOCOLATE & MORE CHOCOLATE
- 3/26/2012 Week # 74 Freezer Meals (fix them and freeze for later)
- 4/2/2012 Week # 75 Easter Cookies & Treats
- 4/9/2012 Week # 76 Show us your ULTIMATE SANDWICH
Would you like to link up a St. Patrick’s Day recipe? Go ahead! We’d love to see what you made.
If you are a regular link-up we’re excited to see what you made this week. If you are new please read and follow the, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party and your recipe doesn’t get deleted!
If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don’t feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!
PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.
This week’s theme is: St. Patrick’s Day recipes
Please only link recipes with our theme!