Welcome to Day 7 of the 12 Days of Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats Link Up!
It’s Day 7 and we’re into the second week of 12 Days of Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats. Today I am bringing you a throwback recipe that gets rave reviews. I am loving all of the delicious treats that have been shared, and my co-hosts have been whipping up great recipes and this has been so much fun so far. I do hope you will link up your favorite Holiday Treats, Crafts, Decorations or DIY Holiday projects to the party. There are really no rules, would just be nice if you stopped by and visited the other hosts too.
They have awesome treats in store for you as well!
Gingerbread Caramel Popcorn
I’ve been in and out of the kitchen lately baking and cooking my way through the holiday season. I love Thanksgiving and all the foods I make for my family during the Fall, but what I am always most excited about is heading into the kitchen for Christmas.
I love the holiday season and all of the sweets & treats that are common for this time of year. Especially Gingerbread anything (and peppermint, but this is about gingerbread). This fun popcorn snack is a favorite this time of year. We give it as gifts, we make it when we have visitors or company and we enjoy it ourselves several times during the season.
The gingerbread flavor is so delicious and it’s such a fun snack for kids (and adults, trust me).
Plus, it’s a pretty quick treat to make and is enjoyable still warm, though better cooled to room temperature. It stores well in an airtight container so don’t be afraid to double or even triple the recipe, because I promise it’s going to go fast.
When we give it out to our friends and relatives, we usually either fill a gift box with it and tie a ribbon or put it in a large mason jar and tie a ribbon and do some fabric or paper on the top. I love finding cute and unique ways to give it as a gift and it certainly makes a great gift in a jar.
And if you don’t want to give it away, that’s okay too because it’s just that good.
You’re welcome. No, really you are. You just have no clue until you put one bite into your mouth and enjoy the sweet, rich flavor of gingerbread.
- 16 cups room temperature popcorn, popped (do not use microwaveable popcorn!)
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature and cubed
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Coat a large bowl with some cooking spray and fill with the popcorn. Set aside for a moment.
- Spray cooking spray into a small saucepan (pot) and add the brown sugar, butter, light corn syrup, molasses, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and the salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture is boiling, stop stirring and allow to boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda. The mixture will turn all foamy.
- Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Quickly (and I mean quickly) pour the mixture over the bowl of popcorn and mix well with a spatula to coat the popcorn.
- Using two greased glass baking dishes (I find them easier to clean) distribute the popcorn evenly between the two pans. Bake them at 250 degrees for about 45 minutes, stirring once in the middle of the bake time.
- Remove the pans from the stove and allow the popcorn to cool in the pans.
- This can be stored in airtight containers for up to two weeks, but cool completely before putting it in the jars or containers. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to link up your own fun Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats. Anything goes… share holiday decorations, projects, crafts, DIY and of course, recipes. Link up below and be sure to check back tomorrow for another fabulous holiday recipe. Also please don’t forget to go check out Pam and Micha too!