This Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken is seriously a favorite at our house. I think it’s the vibrant color that my kids love, though the buttery, garlic tomato flavor is amazing as well, so you know… could be either.
What mom loves about it:
- It makes a quick & easy weeknight dinner and we all could use more of those. You can have a complete meal on the table in less than an hour with very little work.
- While it’s great right on the stove, it could also totally be prepared in the crockpot and slow cooked all day.
- It can be served with anything you’d like – whole wheat pasta, brown rice (our favorite), quinoa, etc.
- It’s so gooooood and even the picky eaters like it!
I love checking out #weekdaysupper for great recipe ideas when I am feeling stuck. Have you checked it out? Every day of the week, Monday through Friday, a new recipe is presented by a member for a quick, #weekdaysupper. We know you’re busy, because we’re busy too and we want to help. For a few other quick #weekdaysuppers I’ve done, you can see my brand new Weeknight Meals category.
Let’s get on with the deliciousness:
Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken #weekdaysupper
Great for an easy weeknight meal. In less than an hour you can have a complete, delicious, easy meal on the table that is full of wonderful flavor and even the picky eaters will love it.
- 1 cup of tomato sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
- basil, oregano or cilantro
- pasta, rice or quinoa
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan on the stove, over low heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomato sauce. Heat to boiling, then remove from heat.Stir to combine everything as much as possible.
- Rinse chicken and then pat dry with towel. Place chicken in a square glass baking dish. Cover with the sauce and bake in oven at 400 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cook rice, pasta or quinoa and maybe grill up some veggies for a side dish.
- When chicken is done serve chicken and sauce over pasta, rice or quinoa.
- We topped ours with capers and some fresh purple basil and cilantro from our garden.
Be sure and scroll down to see the other recipes posted this week for #weekdaysupper!
Monday – Smoky Shrimp Quesadillas from Pescetarian Journal
Tuesday – Cabbage and Noodles from Blueberries and Blessings
Wednesday – Baked Feta with Olive Oil and Herbs from Shockingly Delicious
Thursday – Thai Prawn and Noodle Soup from Happy Baking Days
Friday – Garlic Tomato Butter Chicken from (ME!) Daily Dish Recipes
Also, don’t forget to check out #weekdaysupper on twitter everyday for a new recipe. We’ve got a lot of new things rolling out in the next few weeks, and I am excited to share them with you.
It’s only a month away! We can’t wait for this event. Hope to see you there!
Check it out here: