I haven’t spent as much time in the kitchen the past couple of days, but not because I haven’t wanted to. I just felt I owed it to my beautiful garden to spend some time in there, taking care of what will eventually find its way into my kitchen. Not to mention, I’m slightly addicted. Who doesn’t love healthy, fresh vegetables?
We’ve had so much rain lately, that I’m playing a game with the weeds, which is not fun, but at the same time, all that rain is so incredibly good for these plants that I don’t mind the weeds. Well, I mind them, I am just more tolerant at the moment. Everything is growing and looks fantastic this year and I am so happy with what we’ve already been able to harvest. Plenty of healthy dishes and great meals!
I started the garden this year in late March due to our unseasonably warm weather, even though I did have to cover things a couple of times to avoid a freeze. But even with that, the garden is already overflowing with things that we are using on a daily basis. Asparagus, Tomatoes, Peppers of all kinds…. it is never ending!
After three days of rain, my garden just literally burst forth with vegetables and fruit at every turn and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I also am having trouble keeping up with it all, and that’s why this Garden Vegetable Tart was the perfect solution for using up all these healthy vegetables. I love that I can get dinner on the table, while encouraging my kids to eat vegetables straight from the garden.
Each year my garden grows by leaps and bounds. Unfortunately I have found myself with less space for the 2015 season, so it’s all about figuring out what we use the most and what we don’t. I can tell you everything in this delicious Garden Vegetable Tart will be growing again in my smaller garden. No matter what.
This week we are presenting you with some FANTASTIC recipes from the garden. You can find them just below.
But if you are looking for even more fantastic recipes, be sure to follow the Recipes from the Garden
#ChooseDreams Pinterest board.
Today’s #SundaySupper is sponsored by American Family Insurance.
Be sure and follow them:
Here is this week’s Garden Fresh recipes:
- Monday – Chopped Chicken Garden Salad with Spicy Avocado Dressing by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Tuesday - Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Breasts by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Wednesday – Cheesy Chicken Bruschetta Bread Boats by Neighborfood
- Thursday – Garden Vegetable Tart by Daily Dish Recipes
- Friday – Bacon Chopped Salad with Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- 1 Ready Made Pizza Crust
- 2 Tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh squash, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh zucchini, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh asparagus, cut
- ¼ cup fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven according to directions on the back of the ready made pizza dough.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a baking sheet.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and all vegetables, herbs and garlic.
- Saute for about 5 minutes over medium heat or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add toppings to pizza dough. Top with both cheeses and bake as directed on the pizza dough.