The time has finally arrived. The Food & Wine Conference is this weekend and I thought it’d never get here. I am actually flying out tomorrow to meet up with my friends Isabel and Renee ahead of time, and I am so excited I’m practically bursting at the seams. Friday evening is when everyone begins arriving and I cannot wait to see so many faces I’ve been friends with online for so long. So many fun people are going. I’m sad that some are not, but I hope we will see them next year!
Since I have been so busy planning and preparing for the conference, I haven’t had much time for my blog or to be in the kitchen. We’ve had a lot of quick meals lately, as I tested plugins and web templates for my SEO session with. I’ve missed being in the kitchen but most of all I’ve missed sharing my life with you all through my blog. I will be back next week full force and will keep you update over the weekend so you can see what we’ve learned, and what we’re doing.
Fudgy and Moist Coconut Chocolate Brownies
I decided to make a batch of brownies for my family to enjoy while I was gone. I took our basic brownie recipe and changed it up a bit by substituting coconut extract and adding some coconut flakes. I made three batches (so they’d last… I have 5 teenagers, they’d eat them all in one sitting if I don’t make extras) so I tested one and I loved it. A little jealous I won’t get to enjoy the coconut chocolate brownies with them, but I know they will be enjoying them and thinking about me (living it up in Orlando).
Fudgy and Moist Chocolate Coconut Brownies
A rich, moist, soft brownie full of chocolate and coconut to tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups dark cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8? x 8? glass pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove and add the sugar, stirring to combine it all together. Return the sugar/butter mixture to the heat for about a minute or until it’s hot, but not yet bubbling. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add the 2 eggs and beat for about a minute. Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and coconut extract and beat into the eggs until smooth.
- Stir the hot sugar/butter into the egg mixture until it is all smooth.
- Add the flour and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and coconut, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into your lightly greased 8? x 8? pan and bake at 350°F for approx. 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with no loose batter. Allow to cool slightly before cutting or they will fall apart easily. Slice and serve.
What’s your favorite brownie combination?