I feel like I did this meme about a year or so ago on my old blog, and since I cannot seem to find the post anywhere (and I refuse to visit the old site), I figure I will just post a brand new one here. Plus, I’m sure some of my answers have changed anyway. If you do (or did) this meme, please leave your link in the comments so I can come read your answers. 🙂 You can also just answer this in the comments if you wish.
1. What’s your #1 comfort food?
It’s probably a toss-up between coffee which I tend to drink a lot or chocolate which I tend to crave a lot.
2. If you were on a deserted island, what one food would you want to have with you? I would want a fishing pole – I know it’s not food, but I would catch my food and eat it.
3. What is/are your signature dishes? (What dishes are you ‘known’ for?)Every time we have a family gathering or dinner party of some kind, someone asks me to bring my Hash Brown casserole. I also get compliments on my deviled eggs – I almost never make them the same way twice either. But they are a huge hit and I hardly ever have leftovers. Most of my friends and neighbors know my Texas Sheet Cake which is made a little differently than the hundreds of recipes you see all the time. I’m asked for these three things ALL the time.
4. It’s Friday night, you don’t know what to cook. You opt for… Usually something easy – spaghetti or chicken and rice. We sometimes order in pizza, but we are cutting back on that.
5. What’s your biggest weakness when it comes to food? Baked goods. Meaning anything in the bakery department. Period. I love them all. I do everything I can to eat very little of them. They are packing on the pounds. haha
6. What food can you absolutely not eat? Brussels Sprouts. The thought of them makes me gag. I’ve tried them every single possible way and I just can’t do it.
7. You need a drink. You grab a…Diet Coke or Iced Tea. Depends though, I also drink a lot of water – so depending on how much I have had that day, it might be ice water.
8. What’s the most decadent dish you’ve had?My mother took me out for lunch one year on my birthday. I ordered the Lobster Ravioli and it was honestly the most heavenly dish I have ever eaten. I could eat that everyday for the rest of my life. (I’m sure I’d also put on 100lbs too!)
9. What’s your favorite type of food? Well, my answer used to be Italian. But lately I am more drawn to Chinese food.
10. Favorite dish?It says dish, so I can’t pick Texas Sheet Cake which is a dessert. I’ll have to go with a beef and rice dish I make.
11. If your partner could take you to any restaurant you wanted, which one would it be? The one that has the Lobster Ravioli. Except I think it went out of business. *gasp*
12. Are you a soup or salad person? Soup all the way!
13. Buffet, take-out or sit-down restaurant?Buffet. Especially with my big family. I have a broad appetite and will eat many different things – my kids are much pickier – actually so is the hubby.
14. What’s the most impressive dinner you’ve ever made? Thanksgiving dinner about four years ago. No particular reason except it was my first time doing it for a crowd (besides my family) and I made so much food. It was awesome and I got a lot of compliments.
15. Do you consider yourself a good cook? I do.
16. Do you know what vichyssoise is?I do. Yes I will eat it. Completely fattening!
17. Who’s your favorite TV cook? I absolutely adore Jamie Oliver. He is my hero and we think the same way. I also like Rocco DiSpirito but rarely see him around these days.
18. Can you name at least three TV cooking personalities? Rachel Ray, Jamie Oliver (The Naked Chef) and Paula Deen.
19. Homemade or homemade from a box? Always homemade. From Scratch. The old-fashioned way.
20. Name 3 or more other foodies you are going to tag. Not tagging anyone because this has been around awhile. But please, if you do it – let me know!